Skip to content
Event Monitor
nic14120 posted:
Hello,

I am wearing a 5 day event monitor due to the frequent palpitations and flubs I have been experiencing. I was just curious about this technology....I have to wear one electode under my right color bone and the second under my left breast, just above my rib. I was wondering if the wires that will then lay across my breast give off any type of radiation or any harm to my breast since it on. I am just worried about the breast. I have the monitor itself buckled into my pants. The 24 hr I was not so concerned with, but this will be 5 nights I am sleeping with this on my breast and it worries me....

billh99 responded:
There is no radiation.

The leads are just measuring the minute electrical signals the heart makes as it triggers the action of the different chambers of the heart.

Featuring Experts

James Beckerman, MD, FACC, is a cardiologist at the Providence St. Vincent Heart Clinic in Portland, OR. He graduated summa cum laude from Harvard Col...More

Helpful Tips

Nix Grapefruit & Statin DrugsExpert
Grapefruit & statin drugs can be a bad combination. Unlike other citrus fruits, grapefruit contains substances that disable certain ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 15 found this helpful

Expert Blog

The Heart Beat - James Beckerman, MD, FACC

Dr. James Beckerman shares how small, livable lifestyle changes can have a real impact on your risk of heart attack and stroke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health General and Consultative Heart Care Center