Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Incomplete Right BundleBranch Block
gatorjillas posted:
I was having chest pains and went in to see a doctor. They diagnosed the chest pains due to stress. However, they did find I have a incomplete right bundle branch block. They said it isn't something I should worry about and I am fine. They performed an echo test which backed up their results. My question is should I be worried b/c I am only 25 years old and live healthy. Is this something I should visit either a cardiologist or a general physician regularly/ annually? It has been about a year since I found this out. Thank you in advance.

CardiostarUSA1 responded:
Hi: Stress can cause various symptoms, even wreaking havoc on the entire body. Chest pain, stationary or radiating elsewhere, with or without accompanying symptoms, has various causes, cardiac and non-cardiac, which includes, but is not limited to, pulmonary, gastrointestinal, musculoskeletal, and psychological/psychogenic. Additionally, of the different types of heart conditions, some which can occur at ANY AGE, various symptoms can be acute (occurring suddenly), be chronic (occurring over a long period of time), come and go (be transient, fleeting or episodic) or even be silent A common electrical conduction abnormality is a right or left bundle branch block (incomplete/complete), which can sometimes indicate underlying heart disease. b "Is this something I should visit either a cardiologist or a general physician" One would think that seeing a general physician regularly would be adequate/sufficient for now. ALWAYS be proactive in your health care and teatment. Most important, communicate/interact well with your doctor(s). Best of luck down the road of life. Live long and prosper. Take care CardioStar☆ WebMD community member (8/99) - - b ☑Be well-informed About com b Bundle branch block Causes, significance and treatment Bundle branch block (BBB) is a relatively frequent finding on the electrocardiogram (ECG). Sometimes BBB itself needs to be treated; sometimes it indicates significant underlying cardiac disease that needs to be treated; and sometimes it has so little significance that no treatment is necessary at all.... heartdisease.about.com/cs/arrhythmias/a/BBB.htm b Right and Left Bundle Branch Block heartdisease.about.com/cs/arrhythmias/a/BBB_2.htm Incomplete BBB, Hemiblock The Hemiblocks The left bundle branch itself divides into......Sometimes a block can occur in just one......referred to as a hemiblock, or a fascicular block. heartdisease.about.com/cs/arrhythmias/a/BBB_4.htm Your Total Health b Bundle Branch Block yourtotalhealth.ivillage.com/bundle-branch-block.html T H I b Bundle Branch Block b Symptoms If there is nothing else wrong with your heart, you probably will not feel any symptoms of bundle branch block. In fact..... b Treatment In most cases, bundle branch block does not need treatment. But patients who have.... texasheart.org/HIC/Topics/Cond/bbblock.cfm WebMD b Heart Disease TYPES Men and Women Acquired in life or congenital (born with ti) www.webmd.com/heart-disease/heart-disease-men b Heart Disease SYMPTOMS www.webmd.com/heart-disease/guide/heart-disease-symptoms Mayo Clinic b Heart Disease Definition. Symptoms. Causes. Risk factors. Complications. Tests and diagnosis. Treatments and drugs. Lifestyle and home remedies. Alternative medicine. Prevention.... Heart disease is a broad term used to describe a range of diseases that affect your heart, and in some cases, your blood vessels. The various diseases that fall under the umbrella of heart disease include...... www.mayoclinic.com/health/heart-disease/DS01120 Mayo Clinic b 5 medication-free strategies to help prevent heart disease You can prevent heart disease by following a heart-healthy lifestyle. www.mayoclinic.com/health/heart-disease-prevention/WO00041 b HeartSite Heart info, cardiac tests (commonly performed, mainstream types) info, actual diagnostic images. www.heartsite.com i Quote "Be a questioning patient. Talk to your doctor and ask questions. Studies show that patients who ask the most questions, and are most assertive, get the best results. Be vigilant and speak up!" - Charles Inlander, People's Medical Society . It's your future......be there. :-) :cool: . . b ☛WebMD/WebMD mwssage boards does not provide medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.

James_Beckerman_MD responded:
Incomplete right bundle branch block is generally not a worrisome finding. Especially given that you had a normal echocardiogram, regular visits to a cardiologist are should not be necessary. I do recommend though that you see a general primary care provider on a regular basis for health maintenance, etc. Take care.

Featuring Experts

James Beckerman, MD, FACC, is a cardiologist at the Providence St. Vincent Heart Clinic in Portland, OR. He graduated summa cum laude from Harvard Col...More

Helpful Tips

Nix Grapefruit & Statin DrugsExpert
Grapefruit & statin drugs can be a bad combination. Unlike other citrus fruits, grapefruit contains substances that disable certain ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 15 found this helpful

Expert Blog

The Heart Beat - James Beckerman, MD, FACC

Dr. James Beckerman shares how small, livable lifestyle changes can have a real impact on your risk of heart attack and stroke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health General and Consultative Heart Care Center