Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
February: Happy Heart Month!
Haylen_WebMD_Staff posted:
February is National Heart Health Month!

24 Foods That Can Save Your Heart

How many do you incorporate into your diet? Any surprises? I love many of these foods - didn't know about sweet potatoes! Perhaps I'll bake one tonight and see if it flies with the rest of the family.

Haylen

billh99 responded:
I love to roast sweet potatoes on a grill, but you can do them in an oven, until the skin is charred.

Then split them in half and put on a bit of cinnamon.

If they are fresh they are like liquid goal.

If old sometimes they can be stringgy.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to billh99's response:
YUM!

(To the liquid gold version)

Never thought of doing them on the grill - great idea! It's grillin' weather here in SoCal this week. Almost 80 last weekend.

H

Featuring Experts

James Beckerman, MD, FACC, is a cardiologist at the Providence St. Vincent Heart Clinic in Portland, OR. He graduated summa cum laude from Harvard Col...More

Helpful Tips

Nix Grapefruit & Statin DrugsExpert
Grapefruit & statin drugs can be a bad combination. Unlike other citrus fruits, grapefruit contains substances that disable certain ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 15 found this helpful

Expert Blog

The Heart Beat - James Beckerman, MD, FACC

Dr. James Beckerman shares how small, livable lifestyle changes can have a real impact on your risk of heart attack and stroke...Read More

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health General and Consultative Heart Care Center