Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Heart Monitor Results
Debsbears posted:
The Cardiologist called to say they want me in on the 29th to check some things out and to do a Stress Echo. He will go over all the results of the Heart Monitor at that time.

How does a Stress Echo differ from an Echo? Will this be beneficial to me?

He said when I pushed the event button it showed my HR at 159 beats a min. the lowest was 50 most likely when I was sleeping.

I mentioned I was going to Mayo he said good that way I could take the results with me.

billh99 responded:
With a stress echo they will do any echo of the heart.

Then an exercise stress test where you exercise on a treadmill or bike while being monitored with a 12 lead EKG.

They are looking to see how long you can exercise, if there are any changes in the EKG during exercise, and if there is any angina. They will also check the BP several times to see if there is normal changes with exercise.

Then immediately afterwards they will do another echo to see if there are any changes wall motion of the heart or valve action under load.

Wear gym like clothes and don't eat a large meal before the test.

Debsbears replied to billh99's response:
Good to know thank you.

I do know that while I was in Pulm. Rehab. while I was sitting and exercising slowly I was okay, but as soon as I went on the tread mill all heck broke loose. BP dropped very low, HR soared and after 3 1/3 mins I could not breathe let alone talk.

I also am dealing with POTS, LVDD and CHF. So no wonder he wants a Stress Echo.

Featuring Experts

James Beckerman, MD, FACC, is a cardiologist at the Providence St. Vincent Heart Clinic in Portland, OR. He graduated summa cum laude from Harvard Col...More

Helpful Tips

A Word A DayGuest Expert
It is important to keep physically fit. But it is just as critical to stay mentally fit as well. One form of mental aerobics is to learn a ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 10 found this helpful

Expert Blog

The Heart Beat - James Beckerman, MD, FACC

Dr. James Beckerman shares how small, livable lifestyle changes can have a real impact on your risk of heart attack and stroke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health General and Consultative Heart Care Center