Distinguishing wether heart problem is from stress or actual heart problem
Nomojo21 posted:
I'm 24 years old and I suffer horribly from anxiety, stress and panic attacks which I've had my whole life. Lately I've been feeling dizzy, been having strong heart palpitations, and my heart has been beating irregularly. I've seen a cardiologist he did all the tests to determine if they were from stress or an actual problem but I never got the results back. So lately I've been having the symptoms real bad to were it freaks me out and it doesn't help that I drink lots of caffeine. I know caffeine can cause artrial filbulatiin so I'm wondering if it sounds like I do? I see a nurse practitoner that specializes in cardiology Monday at 1. If I do have a heart problem will it be too late by the time they diagnose me? Please give me some answers?

billh99 responded:
I've seen a cardiologist he did all the tests to determine if they were from stress or an actual problem but I never got the results back.

Why not?

Call the cardiologist office and make an appointment to see the doctor and find out the what they found.

I know caffeine can cause artrial filbulatiin so I'm wondering if it sounds like I do?

Only for some people. Most persons are not affected by caffeine.

And there are lots of different type of irregular heart rates. Many of them are not serious.

If I do have a heart problem will it be too late by the time they diagnose me? Please give me some answers?

Only a medical professional that has seen the test results can tell you what is going on.

In the meantime, whether you have a heart problem or not, it appears that you are stressing out about it.

You need to work on some stress reduction methods. They can range from getting exercise, such as walking, to deep breathing exercises, to yoga, etc.

Nomojo21 replied to billh99's response:
The cardiologist is no longer there so I cant get them. I feel the symptoms even when I'm not anxious or stressed especially the dizziness

billh99 replied to Nomojo21's response:
If the office is still there then your records should be also. Get them sent to the new NP.

Even if the office is not there, there is a chance that the records are still available. You can check with the local medical society and see if they can tell you where to look for them.

But, in any case you are seeing the NP Monday. She might want to have the test redone anyway if they are old and/or refer you to a cardiologist.

Nomojo21 replied to billh99's response:
I will live till then right? Cause the symptoms feel like they are getting worse...I think.

billh99 replied to Nomojo21's response:
If you do pass out them go to the ER. Likewise if you feel a pain in your chest, arms, neck, or jaw.

No one can be diagnosed via these forums. But most likely you will live.

deadmanwalking57 replied to Nomojo21's response:
Nomojo21:

The easy thing here is to behave as if you really are a heart patient. You don't need a hospital so much as a kick in the butt and a slap in the face.

1. Calm DOWN. Youve been screwing up for a long time as if this was your goal. Congratulations, you're here. Worrying can only make it worse. You need to ACT not worry or panic.

2. Back off the caffeine. I've read a suggested path is from coffee to black tea to green tea .

3. Start getting some walking in every day, 30 minutes.

4. Improve your diet cutting out nutritionless "foods", and reducing fats. For starters, how about no more burgers, pizza or dairy products. Buy fruit that you will eat. That is your snack food and desserts.