Skip to content
Help/Advice on how to proceed
Desmod posted:
A while back i posted here about having some issues (Namely Palpitations, some chest pain, and racing heartbeats). I ended up having the Holter Monitor test, and while they said nothing serious was wrong, they found a "Discrepancy" and wanted me to visit the Cardiologist. (It wasnt an urgent appointment or anything, the earliest one they had is the middle of next month)

I have yet to receive any of the results in paper yet (Except from a few earlier visits), but the doctors dont seem to be worried about it. I'v had the Stress Test, Echo cardiogram, EKG's, X-Rays, numerous blood tests, and now even the monitor. But it still just doesnt feel like something that should be happening as often as it does. And just earlier tonight, I had a strange sensation/attack while sitting that felt like my heart just went full speed for a few seconds, and felt like it was skipping/off beat, and only ended after some forceful coughing.

Is there any sort of medication or something i could ask my doctor for to try to keep things stable till i see the cardiologist? Because the whole issue is getting fairly annoying/stressful which I get the feeling is just agitating the problem, and I just want to hurry up and try to pinpoint the issue.

cardiostarusa1 responded:
Hi:

For reference: Your previous post 6 months ago.

Worried about possible symptoms

http://forums.webmd.com/3/heart-disease-exchange/forum/4097

"But it still just doesn't feel like something that should be happening as often as it does"

You know your body best.

"Is there any sort of medication or something I could ask my doctor for to try to keep things stable till I see the cardiologist?"

Yes, as applicable, such as a beta-blocker, calcium channel blocker or other class of cardiac/anti-arrhythmic drug (noting that all may/can cause side effects/adverse reactions, sometimes being worse than the symptom or symptoms being treated).

Take good care,

CardioStar*

-

-

WebMD/WebMD forums does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.

WebMD does not endorse any specific product, service or treatment.

Featuring Experts

James Beckerman, MD, FACC, is a cardiologist at the Providence St. Vincent Heart Clinic in Portland, OR. He graduated summa cum laude from Harvard Col...More

Helpful Tips

Omega 3 (Harp Seal Oil): One of the Best Supplement for Heart Diseases
Omega 3 is a must for Heart Disease, especially Harp Seal Oil Omega3. More Info(Harp Seal Oil vs. Fish Oil) I prefer canadian products ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Expert Blog

The Heart Beat - James Beckerman, MD, FACC

Dr. James Beckerman shares how small, livable lifestyle changes can have a real impact on your risk of heart attack and stroke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health General and Consultative Heart Care Center