Skip to content
Stress Test with aorta aneurism and MS?
An_247399 posted:
Is a Chemical Stress Test necessary while experiencing an aortic aneurism just one week ago and I have progressive MS which means I cannot do a treadmill will have to be a chemical stress test? My job is high stress, I run several radio stations and contend with many employees and since the emergency of the aneurism I am doing ok meds have my b/p apx. 130/80 right after work might go to 150/80, I relax for 30 mins. or so and it goes back to 130/80.....thank you I am very nervous about having what I feel is an unnecessary and potentially dangerous test.

cardiostarusa1 responded:
Hi:

......"what I feel is an unnecessary and potentially dangerous test."

Be that as it may, and if time is not of the essence in your particular individualized case, you could get a second opinion on this.

In general-only here, chemical (aka drug-induced) stress tests, with either adenosine, dobutamine or persantine, may/can produce side effects/adverse reactions, which includes, but is not limited to, anxiety, dizziness, flushing, headache, nausea, panic, and shakiness.

Symptoms that may indicate a serious problem during a chemical stress test includes chest and/or arm pain, irregular heartbeat (arrhythmia, such as premature ventricular contracts), or shortness of breath (dyspnea). Rarely, a patient may have a heart attack.

Best of luck down the road of life.

Take care,

CardioStar*

WebMD member (since 8/99)

-

-

Aneurysm & AVM Support site

Aortic Aneurysms and Dissection Narratives 1995 to current

http://www.westga.edu/~wmaples/aaa.html

-

HeartSite

Heart info, cardiac tests (commonly performed, mainstream types) info, actual diagnostic images.

http://www.heartsite.com

-

Quote!

"Be a questioning patient. TALK to your DOCTOR and ASK QUESTIONS. Studies show that patients who ask the most questions, and are most assertive, get the best results. Be vigilant and speak up!"

- Charles Inlander, People's Medical Society

It's your future......be there.

. .

WebMD/WebMD forums does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.

WebMD does not endorse any specific product, service or treatment.

Featuring Experts

James Beckerman, MD, FACC, is a cardiologist at the Providence St. Vincent Heart Clinic in Portland, OR. He graduated summa cum laude from Harvard Col...More

Helpful Tips

Omega 3 (Harp Seal Oil): One of the Best Supplement for Heart Diseases
Omega 3 is a must for Heart Disease, especially Harp Seal Oil Omega3. More Info(Harp Seal Oil vs. Fish Oil) I prefer canadian products ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Expert Blog

The Heart Beat - James Beckerman, MD, FACC

Dr. James Beckerman shares how small, livable lifestyle changes can have a real impact on your risk of heart attack and stroke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health General and Consultative Heart Care Center