Includes Expert Content
Wondering About Program
mearly3 posted:
Hey, I work for a medical office and we are staring a program that has peaked my interest but I am also wondering if it is legit. I am a huge fan of WEB MD because it helps me do my job everyday. I have researched program highlights but I thought I might try the community ( I was so psyched when I heard about all this) for opinion and honest, safe discussion.

It is a cardiovascular, heart health program that involves Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy, IV supplement ( vitamins and others) and low impact exercise. It sounds cool and I want to really get involved because I think it could help people but I don't want to sell snake oil.

Any thoughts???

James Beckerman, MD, FACC responded:
I like the low impact exercise part...

I'm not sure that there is a real role for IV vitamin supplements for the vast majority of people who are looking to promote general health. Similarly, I don't believe that hyperbaric oxygen therapy sounds like a necessary part of a wellness program, unless have just been scuba diving and are suffering from the bends...!

brunosbud responded:
I like the exercise part. Hyperbaric Oxygen is OK...Could you ask if they've considered a zero-gravity simulator?