Skip to content
Community member featured in WebMD the Magazine!
Haylen_WebMD_Staff posted:
One of our community members has shared his personal story in this month's issue of WebMD the Magazine. Click the link below to read about his triple bypass, recovery and "life lessons" quotes:

WebMD the Magazine's My Story: Cardiac Recovery
A reader's personal cardiac comeback story.

If the member would like to identify himself here, feel free! (you can remain "anon", of course) A big thank you for sharing. It's an understatement to say that you are a "heart health" inspiration!

Haylen

billh99 responded:
He already "exposed" himself in one of the threads.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to billh99's response:
Thanks Bill!

You know I'm laughing at that phrase - I like "identify" better - hahah!

Haylen

iride6606 replied to billh99's response:
Very well done!

deadmanwalking57 responded:
DMW.

Actually, aware of my story, an editor for the magazine requested permission to use it in the magazine. That was followed by a phone interview, and the summary you see as the article.

There is way more detail in my profiles, tips, resources, and forum discussions than is contained in the short article.

I myself am astounded at the fitness level my heart exhibits

Featuring Experts

James Beckerman, MD, FACC, is a cardiologist at the Providence St. Vincent Heart Clinic in Portland, OR. He graduated summa cum laude from Harvard Col...More

Helpful Tips

To keep a Healthy heart
Try concentrate on cholesterol free food ,reduce or totally avoid tobacco smoking and exercisefor about 30 minutes. More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Expert Blog

The Heart Beat - James Beckerman, MD, FACC

Dr. James Beckerman shares how small, livable lifestyle changes can have a real impact on your risk of heart attack and stroke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health General and Consultative Heart Care Center