Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Maze
gailci posted:
July 19, 2012 I had my 4th heart ablation. And was forced to go onto a heart drug called Dilitzem 120mg because the PA informed me that if I dont try it, this doctor will not be able to do anymore procedures. I did try, it stopped the palpitations(or at least I couldnt feel them) but instructions to take my blood presure 3x a day, I did and most days my reading were 111/107 heart 135. I took myself off of the drug, becuse this doctors PA didnt read how ultra sensative Im to "drugs". Plus I told the doctor should they use a probe(?) to destroy the fast heart rates my heart will enlarge/swell indicating that there is no more fast heart beats and that she will need another doctor to assist. because my heart will play "hide m sneak". I know I am not a doctor but since 2007 I do believe I know what my body does.
Well they think it may be behind the heart not all in front of the heart.

What solid advantages would I have if I suggest a Maze procedure?
thank you again and again for your patience and knowledge. I get my courage from all of you.

cardiostarusa1 responded:
Hi:

"What solid advantages would I have if I suggest a Maze procedure"

Looking back a few months ago, you said that you've been told that supraventricular tachycardia (SVT), at times, goes into a-fib for a short time, but you do know now that the MAZE procedure, and any variation thereof, including the paracardioscopic EX-MAZE (PEX) minimally invasive procedure, which makes a "maze-like" pattern specifically on the atria, is intended to treat and cure chronic or persistent atrial fibrillation.

.Take extra-extra good care,

CardioStar*

-

-

It's your future......be there.

gailci replied to cardiostarusa1's response:
Im sorry but this time I dont understand your reply.
In my opinion I have done all the correct things to do. eat healthy, exercise, vanish salt, alcohol. The only thing that is interfering with my life is the crazy heart palipations. I have always been 100% truthful on what I have been told.

I honestly do not understand why this heart issue is being abnormal for the normal cardiologist.

For the past 6 yrs I have done my best not fail myself and to be complete control on my heart and making sure I do alll that I can to keep it semi-livable
thank you again

cardiostarusa1 replied to gailci's response:
Ok, you had asked:

"What solid advantages would I have if I suggest a Maze procedure?"

There would be none, unless you are currently experiencng chronic or persistent atrial fibrillation, in which the MAZE procedure was specifically developed to treat.

CardioStar*

Featuring Experts

James Beckerman, MD, FACC, is a cardiologist at the Providence St. Vincent Heart Clinic in Portland, OR. He graduated summa cum laude from Harvard Col...More

Helpful Tips

Coffee Can Lower Depression Risk in WomenGuest Expert
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204010604576594853506227020.html More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

The Heart Beat - James Beckerman, MD, FACC

Dr. James Beckerman shares how small, livable lifestyle changes can have a real impact on your risk of heart attack and stroke...Read More

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health General and Consultative Heart Care Center