Skip to content
Enlarged Artery?
freckles1963 posted:
Just got back from the Dr and she said my daughter has an enlarged aartery in her neck and if it is still there in a few months to get an ultrasound done.....should I be worried about this? The other Dr she saw said it was an enlarged lymphnode on her collar bone.....?

freckles1963 responded:
One more thing she has a hard lump on her collar bone that doesn't move.....and it doesn't hurt but feels like a lot of pressure when pushed on...

cardiostarusa1 replied to freckles1963's response:
Hi:

......"and she said my daughter has an enlarged artery in her neck."

"Should I be worried about this?"

Yes, of course.

In general, and as applicable to the patient, an enlarged (or ballooning out thereof) artery, anywhere in the human body, may/can be referred to as an aneurysm, and in some cases, ectasia (an abnormal enlargement).

"The other dr. she saw said it was an enlarged lymph node on her collarbone.....?"

She has a hard lump on her collarbone that doesn't move.....and it doesn't hurt but feels like a lot of pressure when pushed on..."

This is beyond the scope/focus of the forum.

Best of luck to your daughter down the road of life.

Take care,

CardioStar*

WebMD member (since 8/99)

-

-

Quote!

"Be a questioning patient. TALK to your DOCTOR and ASK QUESTION. Studies show that patients who ask the most questions, and are most assertive, get the best results. Be vigilant and speak up!"

- Charles Inlander, People's Medical Society

WebMD/WebMD forums DOES NOT provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.

Featuring Experts

James Beckerman, MD, FACC, is a cardiologist at the Providence St. Vincent Heart Clinic in Portland, OR. He graduated summa cum laude from Harvard Col...More

Helpful Tips

A Word A DayGuest Expert
It is important to keep physically fit. But it is just as critical to stay mentally fit as well. One form of mental aerobics is to learn a ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 10 found this helpful

Expert Blog

The Heart Beat - James Beckerman, MD, FACC

Dr. James Beckerman shares how small, livable lifestyle changes can have a real impact on your risk of heart attack and stroke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health General and Consultative Heart Care Center