Skip to content
Chest pains with low blood pressure
cre8ted1 posted:
I have been having chest pains (ususally in sharp twinges, but also a constant painful pressure). The pains are also accompnained with low blood pressure: below 100/60. Typically, the lower my blood pressure goes, the worse I hurt. The pain I feel arcs above the left breast and down the left side of my chest; stopping about mid-chest. I have been to the hospital where I was prescribed baby aspirin and pravastatin.I was in the hospital and had blood work, an arteriorgram and a CT scan done.My cholesterol is borderline high, but I am working on it. I am losing weight. I have lost 100 lbs. and have 100 to go. I am tired of hurting.

billh99 responded:
The ER is good for treating immediate problems.

But they are very poor at diagnosing problems.

You need to start working with a doctor(s).

I would start with a family doctor in case the problem is muscular, pinched nerve, etc.

Get a copy of your medicare records from the ER so that they doctor knows what has already been looked at.

cre8ted1 replied to billh99's response:
Thank you.

Featuring Experts

James Beckerman, MD, FACC, is a cardiologist at the Providence St. Vincent Heart Clinic in Portland, OR. He graduated summa cum laude from Harvard Col...More

Helpful Tips

Nix Grapefruit & Statin DrugsExpert
Grapefruit & statin drugs can be a bad combination. Unlike other citrus fruits, grapefruit contains substances that disable certain ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 15 found this helpful

Expert Blog

The Heart Beat - James Beckerman, MD, FACC

Dr. James Beckerman shares how small, livable lifestyle changes can have a real impact on your risk of heart attack and stroke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health General and Consultative Heart Care Center