Skip to content
A-FIB AND PREEXSSITING BACK PAIN
johnnyb54 posted:
HELLO;
MY NAME ID JOHNNYB, I AM A 58 YR OLD MALE WHO'S CURRNET LIST OF AILMENTS ARE, DIABETIES, SLEEP APNEA,CRONIC BACK PAIN FROM FAILED BACK SURGERY AND RECENT DIAGNOSIS OF A-FIB THAT IS NOT UNDER CONTROL AS OF YET. MY QUESTION IS ABOUT MY BACK PAINA DN AIFIB. I AHEV BEEN ON PLETHARA OF PAIN MED'S FOR 14 YEARS NOW TO TRY TO CONTROL MY BACK PAIN THAT COVERS MY ENTIRE LOWER BACK AND DOWN MY LEFT LEG. I HAVE RUN THE GAMMIT OF TREATMENTS FROM PT,AQUA THERAPY,CHIROPRACTOR, GYM EXERCISE, EPIDURALS EVERY 3 MONTHS AND I WAS SCHEDULED FOR A TRAIL GO OF A SPNAL STIMULATOR. THAT WAS UNTIL THEY FOUND THE A-FIB DURING A ROUTINE FOLLOW UP SLEEP STUDY. NOW I AM ON COUMODIN,BEATPACE,DIGOXIN. ON THESE MEDS THE EPIDURALS AS WELL AS THE TRIAL STIMULATOR HAVE BEEN CANCELED. MY HEART DR WANTS ME OFF PAIN MEDS AS THEY CONTRIBUTE TO THE A-FIB NEGATIVLY. THUS MY BACK IS NOW UNCONTROLABLLY IN EITHER SPASMS OR AT A TEN ON THE RICTOR SCALE 24/7. NYS STATE WORKERS COMP WHO IS INVOLVED IN MY BACK TREATMENT AS IT WAS A WORK RELATED INJURY THAT LED TO THE SURGERY RECENTLY TOOK ME OFF AMBIEN THAT I WAS ON TO HELP ME SLEEP, EVEN WITH THE CPAP. THE HEART DR WANTS ME TO SLEEP BETTER AND CALM MY BACK PAIN AS BEING IN THIS MUCH PAIN IS ALSO AN AFIB ANTAGONIST. NOW WITHOUT PAIN MEDS, MUSCLE RELAXANTS AND SLEEP AIDE HOW DO I ACCOMPLISH THIS. ARE THERE ANY MEDS THAT ANYONE CAN THINK OF THAT WON'T INTERFERE WITH THE AFIB AND HELP WITH THE DEBILITATING PAIN I AM IN NOW . THANKS JOHNNYB

Featuring Experts

James Beckerman, MD, FACC, is a cardiologist at the Providence St. Vincent Heart Clinic in Portland, OR. He graduated summa cum laude from Harvard Col...More

Helpful Tips

Omega 3 (Harp Seal Oil): One of the Best Supplement for Heart Diseases
Omega 3 is a must for Heart Disease, especially Harp Seal Oil Omega3. More Info(Harp Seal Oil vs. Fish Oil) I prefer canadian products ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Expert Blog

The Heart Beat - James Beckerman, MD, FACC

Dr. James Beckerman shares how small, livable lifestyle changes can have a real impact on your risk of heart attack and stroke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health General and Consultative Heart Care Center