Skip to content
My Life so Far
Telecaster posted:
I have been reading here for a while and come across some interesting things.........So I hope I can share and take in information about what I deal with every day.
At 18 Years of age i was diagnosed with anxiety.I followed as close as I could the doctors orders,spent many weeks on many different types of drugs...went to therapy sessions the whole nine yards..At the age of twenty five along with the diagnosis of Anxiety I developed another issue which I had never experienced before.One night I was sleeping and awoke with a heaviness and pains in my chest both right and left sides.These appeared out of nowhere and were disturbing.I was tested and told after the ultimate test of an angiogram that I had Fibromyalgia.Still I had No help from any drug perscribed.The only thing that would help at all was Advil and that just took the edge off.This is weird as I go to bed with this pain and wake up with it .When I do go to bed it seems to settle to where I can sleep but as soon as I wake and become aware of my surroundings the pain starts again.Exercise seems to flare it up.I stay as active as can ,I walk 30 minutes 3 times a week on a treadmill and yes the pain flares up,Sometimes I want to jump off a cliff......
I am 52 years old now......30 plus years and no break from pain......My Family doctor told me he can no longer do anything for me as he has tried everything he can think of..........I now have a new Doctor and he has tried a few things but he is now suggesting OXYCONTEN.
Is this what I have to look forward to...???
I am at my wits end as I feel let down and have no one to turn to.
I understand the diagnosis.....all of them but what I cant understand is no relief...The pain is always there...never goes away......no more test to do ........IM DOOMED............at least thats the way I feel .....and by the way im not at the point of jumping off the cliff "YET"............
With all due respect I hope someone with lots of experience in treating this will speak........
Thank You for letting me vent.

billh99 responded:
Sorry to hear about your fibromyalgia.

However, this forum is about heart disease.

If you go to here http://exchanges.webmd.com/default.htm? Select Browse by Topic and select F. There you will find some more appropriate forums.

Featuring Experts

James Beckerman, MD, FACC, is a cardiologist at the Providence St. Vincent Heart Clinic in Portland, OR. He graduated summa cum laude from Harvard Col...More

Helpful Tips

Mediterranean DietGuest Expert
The Mediterranean diet has long been recognized as a booster of heart health. It is linked to lower risks of heart disease, stroke, ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 12 found this helpful

Expert Blog

The Heart Beat - James Beckerman, MD, FACC

Dr. James Beckerman shares how small, livable lifestyle changes can have a real impact on your risk of heart attack and stroke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health General and Consultative Heart Care Center