Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Scared to exercise
ldaniels5620 posted:
I'm a 54 year old female who just had a stint put in less then a week ago. I was exercising for 45 minutes and couldn't get my breathing under control, and couldn't stop sweating either. Then I started having pressure in my chest, throat, jaws, ears, and both arms. I thought it was a severe case of indigestion or heart burn. I never thought was having a heart attack, but I was! I never had chest pains, I exercised weekly, and took my cholesterol meds. I smoked for 35 years, and quit 3 years ago and never felt better. Within 48 hours of the heart attack I had a stint put in at the main artery to the heart. It was 99.9% blockage. I was scared then, and scared now. I hope I can get past it to exercise again. That is the one thing that scares me the most. I'm so scared to exercise again. I'm going to do the cadio rehab my DR wants me to , so I hope I can really get past this , because I'm only 54.

Featuring Experts

James Beckerman, MD, FACC, is a cardiologist at the Providence St. Vincent Heart Clinic in Portland, OR. He graduated summa cum laude from Harvard Col...More

Helpful Tips

Mediterranean DietGuest Expert
The Mediterranean diet has long been recognized as a booster of heart health. It is linked to lower risks of heart disease, stroke, ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 11 found this helpful

Expert Blog

The Heart Beat - James Beckerman, MD, FACC

Dr. James Beckerman shares how small, livable lifestyle changes can have a real impact on your risk of heart attack and stroke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health General and Consultative Heart Care Center