Skip to content
Ventricular Tachycardia Question
Mustang62 posted:
I am a 50 year old male is was experiencing increasing shortness of breath, fainting spells, light headedness, confusion, wheezing and increasing fatigue.

I just found out that my I have abnormal left axis deviation, right bundle branch block, left anterior fascicular block, and ventricular premature complex.

I also have a moderate left atrial enlargement,right ventricular is slightly enlarged, small airway disease, sleep apnea, and experienced a mini stroke 4 years ago. The cause of the mini stroke could not be found.

The cardiologist called and said the results of the holter monitor just came back and showed that I had a 25 beat run of wide complex ventricular tachycardia. He put me on a beta blocker. I have a follow up appt. with the cardio doctor in two weeks and he has referred me to a cardiac electrophysiologist.

Should I be concerned about these results and what are possible treatment options?

Thanks for your feedback.
cardiostarusa1 responded:

"Should I be concerned about these results"

Yes, of course.

"And what are possible treatment options?"

Treatment options range from no treatment to medications to catheter-based to surgical procedures, mainly depending on the cause(s) and the severity of the symptoms.

Best of luck down the road of life.

Take care,


WebMD member (since 8/99)




"Be a questioning patient. TALK to your DOCTOR and ASK QUESTIONS. Studies show that patients who ask the most questions, and are most assertive, get the best results. Be vigilant and speak up!"

- Charles Inlander, People's Medical Society


It's your there.

. .

WebMD/WebMD forums does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.

Helpful Tips

Mediterranean DietGuest Expert
The Mediterranean diet has long been recognized as a booster of heart health. It is linked to lower risks of heart disease, stroke, ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 12 found this helpful

Expert Blog

The Heart Beat - James Beckerman, MD, FACC

Dr. James Beckerman shares how small, livable lifestyle changes can have a real impact on your risk of heart attack and stroke...Read More

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health General and Consultative Heart Care Center