Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
heart out of rhythm
rjhorsefarm posted:
I am a 46 year old female about 2 years ago I got shocked by my electric fence at my horse pasture. it hit me so hard I just about went to my knees. Before that I was very healthy, for the past 2 years my Heart has been out of rhythm. The Dr put me on meds but my heart rhythm is not any better. what could this be called?

billh99 responded:
You really need to ask your doctor.

There are a number of different type of heart rhythm problems.

Remember YOU are the one in charge of your health.

1. You need to ask your doctor what the specific problem that you have?

2. Ask what are the options of treatments?

3. For any meds ask what is it expected to do? What are the more common side effects? How long before I should expect to see results?

4. Any life style that would wake the condition worse? Better?

Featuring Experts

James Beckerman, MD, FACC, is a cardiologist at the Providence St. Vincent Heart Clinic in Portland, OR. He graduated summa cum laude from Harvard Col...More

Helpful Tips

Mediterranean DietGuest Expert
The Mediterranean diet has long been recognized as a booster of heart health. It is linked to lower risks of heart disease, stroke, ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 11 found this helpful

Expert Blog

The Heart Beat - James Beckerman, MD, FACC

Dr. James Beckerman shares how small, livable lifestyle changes can have a real impact on your risk of heart attack and stroke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health General and Consultative Heart Care Center