Skip to content
Waking up at night with chest pain, sweating and racing heart..every night..
An_251167 posted:
Had this some years ago in California when I was pretty overweight, having alot of anxiety issues. My body gets real hot, I get red, my bp goes through the roof and so does my heart rate. Had every test except the cath on my heart and it all came back normal. Doc dx me with Hashimoto's, but the excess thyroid problem doesn't fit the bill here, because I'm not losing weight or having any 'routine' symptoms of hyperthyroidism, other than the hypertension which I've dealt with for years. No health insurance means I'm not able to see a doctor about this. I'm more interested in naturopathy at this point anyway, as the beta-blockers and anxiety meds I took before are things I would not like to stay on for a lifetime. For several days now I'm waking up between 3 and 4 am with all this, and I'm sick of it. I can tell the nights it will happen too--have that feeling of dread combined with a zinging electrical feeling through my arms and chest when I go to sleep. If I was afraid to die it would scare the crap out of me, but the main thing is I think I've got work left undone (not to mention kids in grade school) so I ain't ready to go just yet. I'd like to nip it in the bud so I'm not so dang tired all the time.

cardiostarusa1 responded:
Hi:

"No health insurance means I'm not able to see a doctor about this."

Patient resources

Many community clinics can offer personalized and high-quality health care, regardless of one's ability to pay. This decision is typically based on the size of one's family, household income and any other special circumstances.

If one has little or no income, donations and/or grants that some facilities receive, may/can make it possible for them to assist an individual on a limited or emergency basis.

U.S. Department of Health and Human Services

Health Resources and Services Administration

HRSA-supported Health Centers

Find Affordable Health Care

Health centers are in most cities and many rural area. Health centers provide:

1. Checkups when you're well

2. Treatment when you're sick

3. Complete care when you're pregnant

4. Immunizations and checkups for your children

5. Dental care and prescription drugs for your family

6. Mental health and substance abuse care if you need it

http://findahealthcenter.hrsa.gov/Search_HCC.aspx

Best of luck down the road of life.

Take care,

CardioStar*

WebMD member (since 8/99)

-

-

It's your future......be there.

. .

WebMD/WebMD forums DOES NOT provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.

Featuring Experts

James Beckerman, MD, FACC, is a cardiologist at the Providence St. Vincent Heart Clinic in Portland, OR. He graduated summa cum laude from Harvard Col...More

Helpful Tips

To keep a Healthy heart
Try concentrate on cholesterol free food ,reduce or totally avoid tobacco smoking and exercisefor about 30 minutes. More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Expert Blog

The Heart Beat - James Beckerman, MD, FACC

Dr. James Beckerman shares how small, livable lifestyle changes can have a real impact on your risk of heart attack and stroke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health General and Consultative Heart Care Center