Advice/suggestions/anything needed!
ascouten posted:
I am 31 years old, and 8 months ago, I had to have open heart surgery. I had an ASD and mitral valve regurgitation. I'm wondering if anyone has had this done and has ever had right shoulder blade pain; I suffer every single day from it. Also, from my zipper to my right breast (about the line of my cleavage), I have had sharp pains since Fri. The pains occur whether I'm moving over to my right side in the bed, or just wiping down the kitchen counter with my right hand. It's like a stabbing pain. I can't get the cardiologist to call back. I have to leave VMs on the nurse's machine, and she usually waits 3 or 4 days to call me back. So I called my surgeon's office. She said it could be just muscle pain and to take Tylenol. Anyway, I'd like to know if any other heart patients have been through this, and to find out what you know about it. Thanks.

Mycardio responded:
After I had my chest opened I experienced similar pain. I believe it was insult to a rib (injury or movement). I took NSAIDs (because of their anti-inflammatory effect) for relief. I did not get relief from Tylenol (it's not an anti-inflammatory). If you're on a blood thinner, you should check with your doctor before you take aspirin, which is also a blood thinner. You should be alright taking Advil/Ibuprofen. I've also gotten relief by visiting a licensed massage therapist when the pain is bad.