Skip to content
I feel like a moron !
duckie66 posted:
Hello ! I just came back from the heart doctor ! I feel like a moron , he asked me since I have Fibro what was the difference was with an angina attack , I really did not know what to say , because I was like what does pain in my chest from angina have to do with fibro , which I only have in my joints, I felt the I was being talked to by a police officer , I did have a heart attack in Feb of this year they did a nuclear stress test in the ER and I told the doctor today excactly what the doctor told me in the ER that I had a Mild Tricuspid Regegration and he told me that wasn't really that bad . That most folks have this an is not really dangerous , But , I told him why are my lips blue and my nail bed blue , I feel terriblely fatigue and tired ness and I can't lay flat on my back because I can 't breath well . I feel like I am getting enough oxygen and I have headaches with this problem. First thing he said when he walked in the room what are u here for I see nothing wrong with your EKG . So I tell him about my elvated Cardiac enzymes and tells me that I really has nothing to do with the heart Ok .I was told 3 past times different. I told him about my mom about having had 3 bypass surgeries within a year or so of the first and second , he told my then they didn't do the surgeon didn't do it right the first time. Should I have a second opinon or can u tell me if what he told me is true of the mild reguration . Thanks Teresa( sorry for bad spelling)

cardiostarusa1 responded:
Hi Teresa:

"I felt that I was being talked to by a police officer"

"Told him why are my lips blue and my nail bed blue , I feel terriblly fatigued and tiredness and I can't lay flat on my back because I can 't breathe well."

"So I tell him about my elevated cardiac enzymes and tells me that it really has nothing to do with the heart. Ok. I was told 3 past times different."

"Should I have a second opinon"

Certainly seems warranted at this point, especially noting the blue color or hue (cyanosis) and where it is occurring, which may/can be indicative of some heart and/or lung problems.

"I had a mild tricuspid regurgitation and he told me that wasn't really that bad ."

Valvular regurgitation (leakage) levels goes from trace or physiologic (aka minimal or trivial, found in many otherwise heart-healthy people, and for the most-part, can be safely ignored), to mild (should be monitored) to moderate (should be monitored closely to see what overall effect it's having on the heart) to severe (when it gets to this point, valve repair or replacement is usually dictated).

Valvular regurgitation grading scale by echocardiography is 0-4 . Valvular regurgitation can cause various symptoms or no symptom(s) at all.

As necessary, prescription drug-therapy treats symptoms, but does not cure the condition. As applicable, corrective treatments include catheter-based or surgical-based valve repair and replacement.

"I did have a heart attack in Feb of this year"

Especially after having a heart attack, one should know his/her left ventricular ejection fraction (LVEF), which is the single-most important clinical indicator of how well the heart is pumping out blood.

Cleveland Clinic

Understanding Your Ejection Fraction

http://my.clevelandclinic.org/heart/disorders/heartfailure/ejectionfraction.asp
Best of luck down the road of life.

Take care,

CardioStar*

WebMD member (since 8/99)

-

-

Be well-informed

LEARN ABOUT the Heart

WebMD

The Heart: (Human Anatomy) Pictures, Definition, Location in the Body and Heart Problems

http://www.webmd.com/heart/picture-of-the-heart

How the Heart Pumps

Animated Tutorial

http://your-doctor.com/healthinfocenter/medical-conditions/cardiovascular/heartpump-tutorial.html

HeartSite

Heart info, cardiac tests (commonly performed, mainstream types) info, actual diagnostic images.

http://www.heartsite.com

It's your future......be there.

. .

WebMD/WebMD forums DOES NOT provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.

duckie66 replied to cardiostarusa1's response:
Ok thank u very much , one more thing is I have very strong family history my lipid panel was total of 350 , and a c_ reactive protein of 13.43 . And I do have Lupus although not flaring , I'm just very worried that the same that happened to my mom , saying it was a aniexty attack until as a fluke they did a heart catherizion and had found that she was 70% occluded , I have lost my grandmother to this and my greatmother , great uncle was only 34 , I feel like even if nobody understands , I don't want anything to happen when it could have been prevented. for every doctor I've been too they see I am on medicine , for aniexty and depression , doctors say this is why u are so tired , and I feel like doctor is not even going to give me a chance. Thank you very much for all your kind advice.

duckie66 replied to duckie66's response:
Well , maybe all this is is coming together , I called my mom , we have not been on speaking terms for a few years because of the fact that I should kn ow what my father died from now it all makes since , he died of mitral vavle reguriation , and kidney diaese, which I know no where a lot of health problems are coming from , he also had a fatty liver , from what I understanding he did not like to go to doctors , wow , same as me ! and he died at age of 42 from all this and i'm 47 . now I feel I'm armed with this history of my fathers history to take with me .

cardiostarusa1 replied to duckie66's response:
You're welcome.

"I do have Lupus although not flaring."

"C-reactive protein of 13.43"

Very noteworthy, lupus and other inflammatory conditions, if active, will raise the c-reactive protein (CRP) level. These conditions should be treated with a goal of reducing inflammation.

Also, as reported, lupus can affect the heart/cardiovascular system in a variety of ways, ranging from infection to inflammation, often producing numerous signs and symptoms (though sometimes silent), which can lead to adverse events.

WebMD Health News - archives

Lupus Patients Risk Early Heart Disease - Heart Disease, Stroke Risk Likely Related to Inflammation From Lupus

12/17/03

http://lupus.webmd.com/news/20031217/lupus-patients-risk-early-heart-disease

Take good care,

CardioStar*

Featuring Experts

James Beckerman, MD, FACC, is a cardiologist at the Providence St. Vincent Heart Clinic in Portland, OR. He graduated summa cum laude from Harvard Col...More

Helpful Tips

Nix Grapefruit & Statin DrugsExpert
Grapefruit & statin drugs can be a bad combination. Unlike other citrus fruits, grapefruit contains substances that disable certain ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 15 found this helpful

Expert Blog

The Heart Beat - James Beckerman, MD, FACC

Dr. James Beckerman shares how small, livable lifestyle changes can have a real impact on your risk of heart attack and stroke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health General and Consultative Heart Care Center