Skip to content
Just had a stint put in my heart..
Debsmike posted:
Just had a stint put in my heart and I am anxious about everything to the point not sure what will happen. When I did the heart stress almost had a heart-attack, found out I had 80% blockage in my LAD. Thank goodness I was paying attention to my chest pains and the symptoms for women's heart disease.I am to the point I am scared of anything going on in my body. Please tell me this will go away in time..

billh99 responded:
Anxiety is really controlled by how you respond to a situation. People respond in many different ways to this.

One of the best ways to help overcome this is going through cardiac rehab.

That is a serious of session where you will exercise will being monitored. That helps build confidence. Also there will be educational programs on your meds, diet, etc.

Request that your doctor refer you to a cardiac rehab program.

Featuring Experts

James Beckerman, MD, FACC, is a cardiologist at the Providence St. Vincent Heart Clinic in Portland, OR. He graduated summa cum laude from Harvard Col...More

Helpful Tips

To keep a Healthy heart
Try concentrate on cholesterol free food ,reduce or totally avoid tobacco smoking and exercisefor about 30 minutes. More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Expert Blog

The Heart Beat - James Beckerman, MD, FACC

Dr. James Beckerman shares how small, livable lifestyle changes can have a real impact on your risk of heart attack and stroke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health General and Consultative Heart Care Center