Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Help understanding Echocardiography results
Kathleen2 posted:
Please help me understand my mothers test results. Patient 89 years old with a leaking patch and pacemaker. The LV size, global and regional function appears normal. The RV size is enlarged and the RV function is moderately diminished. The right atrium is severely enlarged. There is a pacer wire noted in the right ventricle. The left atrium is severely enlarged. The mitral leaflets are myxomatous and thickened. There is mitral annular calcification. No evidence of mitral value prolapse or mitral stenosis. The aortic root is of normal size. The tricuspid value and pulmonic values exhibit normal thickness and excursion. No pericardial effusion. By color flow Doppler, there is moderate mitral insufficiency. There is severe tricuspid insufficiency. The estimated PA systolic pressure is 46mmHg assuming a right arial pressure of 10mmHg consistent with moderate pulmonary hypertension. Left atrial dimension 5.8. Aortic root dimension 3.5. Aortic cusp separation 1.5. LV diastolic dimension 5.0. LV systolic dimension 3.3 Septal wall thickness 1.2 LV posterior wall thickness 1.0. LV ejection fraction 63%. Pericardial effusion none.

Thank you

Featuring Experts

James Beckerman, MD, FACC, is a cardiologist at the Providence St. Vincent Heart Clinic in Portland, OR. He graduated summa cum laude from Harvard Col...More

Helpful Tips

A Word A DayGuest Expert
It is important to keep physically fit. But it is just as critical to stay mentally fit as well. One form of mental aerobics is to learn a ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 10 found this helpful

Expert Blog

The Heart Beat - James Beckerman, MD, FACC

Dr. James Beckerman shares how small, livable lifestyle changes can have a real impact on your risk of heart attack and stroke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health General and Consultative Heart Care Center