Skip to content
Short Term Memory Loss
hu17floor posted:
I have had a double bypass at a young age, and the one thing that stands out is the fact that my short term memory has been affected by what I think was the heart/lung bypass machine. My long term memory is just fine. I have spoken to a few other surgical patients and everyone reports some kind of short term memory loss. Has anyone else found this to be their case?

Take the Poll

After bypass surgury:
  • I have No memory Loss after bypass surgury
  • I have some Memory Loss but not bad
  • I have noticeable Memory Loss
  • I have complete memory Loss
vote
View Poll Results

Featuring Experts

James Beckerman, MD, FACC, is a cardiologist at the Providence St. Vincent Heart Clinic in Portland, OR. He graduated summa cum laude from Harvard Col...More

Helpful Tips

A Word A DayGuest Expert
It is important to keep physically fit. But it is just as critical to stay mentally fit as well. One form of mental aerobics is to learn a ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 11 found this helpful

Expert Blog

The Heart Beat - James Beckerman, MD, FACC

Dr. James Beckerman shares how small, livable lifestyle changes can have a real impact on your risk of heart attack and stroke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health General and Consultative Heart Care Center