Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Why does my inner arm occasionally have a stinging/burning sensation?
rockit62 posted:
Why does my right inner arm (elbow pit, inner elbow; inside elbow) occasionally have a stinging/burning sensation? Sometimes both right and left will have the sensation at the same time. It worries me that it may be a signal of high blood pressure. Thanks

billh99 responded:
Things like this can be diagnosed over the internet.

You will need to see a local medical professional.

James Beckerman, MD, FACC responded:
Best to see a doctor to discuss!

reelady responded:
had similar feeling stinging burning pain in the inner arms bbiceps area.from the pits to the elbow ended up getting worse each time it happened over the course of several weeks.. They called it unstable angina ...turned out to be a blockage....had a stent placed in the rca..may1st..U should get it checked...

Featuring Experts

James Beckerman, MD, FACC, is a cardiologist at the Providence St. Vincent Heart Clinic in Portland, OR. He graduated summa cum laude from Harvard Col...More

Helpful Tips

Omega 3 (Harp Seal Oil): One of the Best Supplement for Heart Diseases
Omega 3 is a must for Heart Disease, especially Harp Seal Oil Omega3. More Info(Harp Seal Oil vs. Fish Oil) I prefer canadian products ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Expert Blog

The Heart Beat - James Beckerman, MD, FACC

Dr. James Beckerman shares how small, livable lifestyle changes can have a real impact on your risk of heart attack and stroke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health General and Consultative Heart Care Center