Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
My heart pain
An_253046 posted:
Ok I am 26 almost 27 and was told at 19 that I have a heart murmur, I had an ekg done and on a scale of either 1-5 or 1-7 I was two away from heart surgery with a leaky left heart valve. I am very sad to say I feel very sick with body aches and a heartache or mild pain in my heart. I have not slept for about 28 hours because of it with the feeling of urinating and pain and pain and the urge to defecate but can not. I have gas and rectum blood. I feel as if I may have some kind of bladder infection and have quite smoking cold turkey about three weeks ago with bad stress and sucking nicotine lonzings pill that give me sever heart burn . I have drank a pot of coffee yesterday morning and now I am worried about my heart. It was beating rapidly with constant mild pain and would seem a bit worst then breathing in. I have no insurance and have been denied from all local clinics because of past medical bill I still can not afford. It would be a 15-20 mile walk to the er and I cannot afford it. I would like to know If I should or if my heart will hold up the walk. I also would like to know if there would be anything I can do to help my pain till August when I can afford to get an updated ekg. I have nooo money and will be homeless at the end of August and just wanted to know if I should try to see a doctor before than or go to the er. I am sad and embarrassed because of this making me depressed. I have not been eating well at all with no real bathroom time. I have no support at all with pure isolation. I have had this pain before and seems to come and go when I am very ill. I would like to know if, if I did nothing till the end of August would my heart be ok? Also could gas or sever stress be the cause of my mild pain maybe? Also, I would like to know if there were anything I could do to help the pain like say take some Midol sleeping pills? I have been taking 2000mg a day to help me sleep because I am so stressed from my sad life and could not and am not sleeping well at all. Please anything you can say to make me more comfortable to sleep today or advice I could use to help me. I was told to get an updated ekg, which I am considering in a month.

cardiostarusa1 responded:
Hi:

"I have nooo money and will be homeless at the end of August"

Sorry to hear about your dilemma.

......"had an ekg done and on a scale of either 1-5 or 1-7, I was two away from heart surgery with a leaky left heart valve."

As applicable to the patient, valvular regurgitation (heart valve leakage, there are four heart valves) levels, as imaged with echocardiography (echocardiogram), goes from trace or physiologic (aka minimal or trivial, found in many otherwise heart-healthy people, and for the most-part, can be safely ignored), to mild (should be monitored) to moderate (should be monitored closely to see what overall effect it's having on the heart) to severe (when it gets to this point, valve repair or replacement is usually dictated).

Valvular regurgitation grading scale by echocardiography is 0-4plus. Valvular regurgitation can cause various symptoms or no symptom(s) at all.

As necessary, prescription drug-therapy treats symptoms, but does not cure the condition. As applicable, corrective treatments include catheter-based or surgical-based valve repair and replacement.

"rectum blood"

This may/can be indicative of something serious.

"I have no insurance and have been denied from all local clinics because of past medical bill I still can not afford."

Does that include community clinics?

As reported, these clinics can offer personalized and high-quality health care, regardless of one's ability to pay. This decision is typically based on the size of one's family, household income and any other special circumstances.

I
f one has little or no income, donations and/or grants that some facilities receive, may/can make it possible for them to assist an individual on a limited or emergency basis.

U.S. Department of Health and Human Services

Health Resources and Services Administration

HRSA-supported Health Centers

Find Affordable Health Care

Health centers are in most cities and many rural area. Health centers provide:

1. Checkups when you're well

2. Treatment when you're sick

3. Complete care when you're pregnant

4. Immunizations and checkups for your children

5. Dental care and prescription drugs for your family

6. Mental health and substance abuse care if you need it

http://findahealthcenter.hrsa.gov/Search_HCC.aspx

......."or if my heart will hold up the walk.

In general, one would tend to think that it would.

"I also would like to know if there would be anything I can do to help my pain till August."

That would fall under the category of medical advice which should only come from a qualified doctor/medical professional.

"I would like to know if, if I did nothing till the end of August would my heart be ok?"

Hopefully yes.

Also could gas or severe stress be the cause of my mild pain maybe?

It's a possibility, especially stress, which can cause various symptoms, even wreaking havoc on the entire body.

Best of luck down the road of life. Live long and prosper.

Take care,

CardioStar*

WebMD member (since 8/99)

-

-

Be well-informed

LEARN ABOUT the Heart

WebMD

The Heart: (Human Anatomy) Pictures, Definition, Location in the Body and Heart Problems

http://www.webmd.com/heart/picture-of-the-heart

How the Heart Pumps

Animated Tutorial

http://your-doctor.com/healthinfocenter/medical-conditions/cardiovascular/heartpump-tutorial.html

HeartSite

Heart info, cardiac tests (commonly performed, mainstream types) info, actual diagnostic images.

http://www.heartsite.com

-

Quote!

"Be a questioning patient. TALK to your DOCTOR and ASK QUESTIONS. Studies show that patients who ask the most questions, and are most assertive, get the best results. Be vigilant and speak up!"

- Charles Inlander, People's Medical Society[br>[br>.[br>

It's your future......be there.

. .

WebMD/WebMD forums DOES NOT provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.

NEVER delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your physician or other qualified health provider because of something you have read on WebMD.

IF YOU have a medical emergency CALL 911.

Featuring Experts

James Beckerman, MD, FACC, is a cardiologist at the Providence St. Vincent Heart Clinic in Portland, OR. He graduated summa cum laude from Harvard Col...More

Helpful Tips

Mediterranean DietGuest Expert
The Mediterranean diet has long been recognized as a booster of heart health. It is linked to lower risks of heart disease, stroke, ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 12 found this helpful

Expert Blog

The Heart Beat - James Beckerman, MD, FACC

Dr. James Beckerman shares how small, livable lifestyle changes can have a real impact on your risk of heart attack and stroke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health General and Consultative Heart Care Center