Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Massive Heart Attack
GKOECHEL posted:
I love reading this WebMD site because it's helpful to me. On July 12th 2013 I had a massive widow maker heart attack with 100% blockage and 100% block clot Cardiologist told me and the third try after several hours they finally got through to put in a stint. At this time I am at EFF 35% and wearing a Zoll Life Vest Defibilator until my cardiologist tells me other wise which next appointment is Monday July 19th. I am open to any suggestions to help me improve my situation at this time. I am eating healthy foods and still taking it easier one day at a time since it has only been four weeks since my heart attack.

billh99 responded:
still taking it easier one day at a time since it has only been four weeks since my heart attack.

You need to be getting some exercise. Even walking.

Talk to your doctor about how much. And ask him about going to Cardiac Rehab.

James Beckerman, MD, FACC responded:
I'm so glad you are doing well!

For right now, stick with your medications and a healthy diet. You might also speak with your cardiologist about specific recommendations about exercise and whether you would be a good candidate for cardiac rehabilitation. Take care!

GKOECHEL replied to billh99's response:
Thanks and I have been walking a little each day and progressing more and more. My mind still wonders when I think about my heart attack and I am only 49 years old but I have a history of them in my family on my mother's side he had a massive heart attack at 58 years old and another one at 68 years old which she passed away on that one. Thanks again for the encourgement.

Greg
Deer Park,TX

GKOECHEL replied to James Beckerman, MD, FACC's response:
Thanks for your words of encourgement and I will ask him Monday July 19th as I go back for my follow up and I'm sure he'll do another ecko cardogram on me to she where my EFF is. I am ready to get this Zoll LIfe Vest off but I know it's for my own safety.

Greg
Deer Park,TX

Featuring Experts

James Beckerman, MD, FACC, is a cardiologist at the Providence St. Vincent Heart Clinic in Portland, OR. He graduated summa cum laude from Harvard Col...More

Helpful Tips

Mediterranean DietGuest Expert
The Mediterranean diet has long been recognized as a booster of heart health. It is linked to lower risks of heart disease, stroke, ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 11 found this helpful

Expert Blog

The Heart Beat - James Beckerman, MD, FACC

Dr. James Beckerman shares how small, livable lifestyle changes can have a real impact on your risk of heart attack and stroke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health General and Consultative Heart Care Center