Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Heart attack? or just crazy
PattyMHDavis posted:
Hello, I have been under a lot of stress for about 10-12 days. Nickel 12yrs old one of my cats I had to put down, I can't get along with my son and his girl who live in my home, bills, etc.... I have been breaking down in uncontrollable sobs from grief and worrying.
My chest has been hurting and just figured panic attacks but then I started having this feeling between my breast like a needle sticking in it and my stomach (not intestines) feels like a bowling ball is sitting on it. I have been vomiting and diarrhea. I feel funny/strange I cant explain this feeling. I also keep burping nonstop and it taste horrible/funny. I'm on omeprazol for acid re-flux. It has always helped but for the last couple days it has not.
I'm scared, am I having a heart attack or had one?

PattyMHDavis responded:
Heart disease, high blood pressure and diabetes run in my family...both mother and father.
I'm sitting here like an idiot without going on to my local hospital because of a traumatizing experience with them recently in the ER. Do I need to do a 911 ??

billh99 replied to PattyMHDavis's response:
It is really impossible to diagnose over the internet.

But it is possible that you are having an heart attack. Or it might be something else call 'broken heart syndrome' from the sadness and stress.

Or it might be some completely other physical illness.

Or it might just a stress reaction.

But the symptoms are certainly sever enough that they need to be checked out NOW.

And regardless of whatever medical issues that you have you need to find some kind of support and counseling for all of your other issues.

Featuring Experts

James Beckerman, MD, FACC, is a cardiologist at the Providence St. Vincent Heart Clinic in Portland, OR. He graduated summa cum laude from Harvard Col...More

Helpful Tips

Nix Grapefruit & Statin DrugsExpert
Grapefruit & statin drugs can be a bad combination. Unlike other citrus fruits, grapefruit contains substances that disable certain ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 15 found this helpful

Expert Blog

The Heart Beat - James Beckerman, MD, FACC

Dr. James Beckerman shares how small, livable lifestyle changes can have a real impact on your risk of heart attack and stroke...Read More

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health General and Consultative Heart Care Center