Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Swollen feet
Flyboy009 posted:
So i drink too much, and am a big kid still chasing skirt at 51 years old on October first. This morning i woke up and my feet are the size of, like way too big. My feet and lower legs are kinda tingly. i am scared. Any help?

cardiostarusa1 responded:
Hi:

"So I drink too much."

Stop doing that. Seek help to do so if necessary.

"I am scared."

No doubt.

See a/your doctor promptly.

In general-only here, swelling or edema (with or without accompanying symptoms), in one or both extremities (e.g., legs, feet, ankles), has various causes, which includes but is not limited to, some heart conditions (a common one being congestive heart failure), kidney and liver conditions, being overweight, related to age, and venous insufficiency (VI).

Additionally, of the different types/kinds of heart conditions, various symptoms may/can be acute (occurring suddenly), be chronic (occurring over a long period of time), come and go (be transient, fleeting or episodic), or even be silent.

Best of luck down the road of life.

Take care,

CardioStar*

WebMD member (since 8/99)

-

-

Be well-informed

MedlinePlus - Trusted Health Information for You

Foot, leg, and ankle swelling

w/illustrations

Peripheral edema

Painless swelling of the feet and ankles is a common problem, particularly in older people. It may affect both legs and may include the calves or even the thighs. Because of the effect of gravity,....

Common Causes:...

Other conditions that can cause swelling to one or both legs include:...

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/003104.htm

-

Quote!

"Be a questioning patient. Talk to your doctor and ask questions. Studies show that patients who ask the most questions, and are most assertive, get the best results. Be vigilant and speak up!"

- Charles Inlander, People's Medical Society

It's your future......be there.

. .

WebMD/WebMD forums DOES NOT provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.

NEVER delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your physician or other qualified health provider because of something you have read on WebMD.

IF YOU have a medical emergency CALL 911.

James Beckerman, MD, FACC responded:
Happy birthday.
I recommend you see a doctor about your feet...there can be lots of causes of swelling, some less serious, some more so. Definitely worth checking out.

Featuring Experts

James Beckerman, MD, FACC, is a cardiologist at the Providence St. Vincent Heart Clinic in Portland, OR. He graduated summa cum laude from Harvard Col...More

Helpful Tips

Nix Grapefruit & Statin DrugsExpert
Grapefruit & statin drugs can be a bad combination. Unlike other citrus fruits, grapefruit contains substances that disable certain ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 15 found this helpful

Expert Blog

The Heart Beat - James Beckerman, MD, FACC

Dr. James Beckerman shares how small, livable lifestyle changes can have a real impact on your risk of heart attack and stroke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health General and Consultative Heart Care Center