Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    EKG: "Delayed Transition"
    hotelcalifornia101 posted:
    Healthy 44 male non smoker, exercise regularly and always have, although perhaps sometimes too hard. Cycling, swimming running, etc.

    I went in for a Phase 1 clinical study screen at a CRO and the EKG came back as "Delayed Transition" I suppose meaning the later stage of the QRS.

    I was considering the possibility of too much Potassium, but the blood work at the clinic that day read 4.4, which is within normal range of 3.5-5.0.

    Is this serious and non reversible, or does this happen sometimes in a normal healthy person.

    I'm very worried about this and do not have access to a doctor or clinic which can help me fully understand this.

    Any guidance would be appreciated.

    Helpful Tips

    Heart by pass
    Hi, just wanted to tell you I had triple heart bypass and entered a cardiac rehab program with exercises three times a week,heart ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 1 found this helpful

    Expert Blog

    The Heart Beat - James Beckerman, MD, FACC

    Dr. James Beckerman shares how small, livable lifestyle changes can have a real impact on your risk of heart attack and stroke...Read More

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit the Duke Health General and Consultative Heart Care Center