Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
NOTHING wrong with me?
knovak99 posted:
I have had six angioplasties, three stents, and one balloon procedure. My last stent was inserted in my LAD three years ago, which was 95 percent blocked. I am 63, 6'1", 315# with bad knees and bad back. Twice this month (March 2014), I have been out of breath with a lot of pressure mid-chest and a 9 to 10 pain in the center of my chest. I went to the emergency room and the ER doctor set me up with a nuclear stress test the next morning. That was two days plus ago. I just found out now that there is NOTHING wrong with me. Then what the heck IS?
With the pain, the sides of my neck feel bloated and I can definitely "hear" my pulse! Help!

billh99 responded:
The ER not the best place for diagnose and follow up.

With your history you should have a regular cardiologist. And you need to be seen by him.

cardiostarusa1 responded:
Hi:

"I went to the emergency room and...."

The examination and treatment that one receives at the ER is not intended as a substitute for complete "all-around" medical care by/from the patient's regularly seen doctor(s).

"I just found out now that there is NOTHING wrong with me."

"Then what the heck IS?"

"With the pain, the sides of my neck feel bloated and I can definitely hear my pulse".

"I have been out of breath with a lot of pressure mid-chest and a 9 to 10 pain in the center of my chest."

Realistically, no one on the Internet (which has serious limitations/restrictions) can truly know/tell/determine for sure what's wrong, what is causing a symptom or symptoms.

The bottom line

Coronary stents (bare-metal or drug-eluting) are only a Band-aid or spot-treatment, as it does not address the disease process and what drives the progression.

Coronary artery disease (CAD) is a lifelong unpredictable (may/can exhibit periods of stabilization, acceleration and even some regression) condition requiring a continuum of care.

Best of luck down the road of life.

Take care,

CardioStar*

WebMD member (since 8/99)

-

-

Be well-informed

WebMD

Living with Heart Disease

Coronary artery disease (CAD)

CAD is a chronic disease with no cure. When you have CAD, it is important to take care of your heart.....

This is especially true if you have had an interventional procedure......

Recognize the symptoms......

Reduce your risk factors......

Take your medications......

See your doctor for regular check-ups......

http://www.webmd.com/heart-disease/guide/living-with-heart-disease

-

Be a questioning patient. TALK to your DOCTOR and ASK QUESTIONS. Studies show that patients who ask the most questions, and are most assertive, get the best results. Be vigilant and speak up!"

- Charles Inlander, People's Medical Society

It's your future......be there.

. .

WebMD/WebMD forums DOES NOT provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.

knovak99 replied to billh99's response:
True. I go to the VA hospital and have a cardiology department that sees me. As a matter of fact, I saw them today (Friday) and they came to the conclusion that a second Nuclear Stress Test would be advisable, which I agreed to. I appreciate your response - that was very kind. If I don't have CAD and it is something else that is not life-threatening, I would be glad. I just want to make sure of what it is so that my wife and I can enjoy retirement. Take care.
Kurt

knovak99 replied to cardiostarusa1's response:
To all (especially CardioStar*), I truly, truly thank all of you for responding! I have a second NST scheduled for early April so that we can make sure. My wife and I thank you and everyone for your responses. After all, it never hurts to double-check, right? I hope everyone has a wonderful day, because all of you have made ours!!!
Kurt and Lillie

cardiostarusa1 replied to knovak99's response:
You're welcome.

Take good care,

CardioStar*

-

Featuring Experts

James Beckerman, MD, FACC, is a cardiologist at the Providence St. Vincent Heart Clinic in Portland, OR. He graduated summa cum laude from Harvard Col...More

Helpful Tips

Mediterranean DietGuest Expert
The Mediterranean diet has long been recognized as a booster of heart health. It is linked to lower risks of heart disease, stroke, ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 11 found this helpful

Expert Blog

The Heart Beat - James Beckerman, MD, FACC

Dr. James Beckerman shares how small, livable lifestyle changes can have a real impact on your risk of heart attack and stroke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health General and Consultative Heart Care Center