Skip to content
stages of arvd
An_257498 posted:
am 42 and I have been diagnosed with arvd. I am waiting on my genetic testing results. however, the minimum would be icd and more extreme is heart surgery. can anyone tell me are there any stages to this disease. I am worried. I have chest pains, dizziness and fatigue daily. I am just worried my doctor is not acting fast enough or maybe im just worried..

cardiostarusa1 responded:
Hi:

"Can anyone tell me are there any stages to this disease."

From the Cardiomyopathy Association

Four stages of Arrhythmogenic Right Ventricular Dysplasia (ARVD)

**Also called Arrhythmogenic Right Ventricular Cardiomyopathy (ARVC)

Concealed phase

Subtle structural changes in the RV. Patient usually asymptomatic, although may have minor VT. High risk of sudden death.

Overt phase

Noticeable structural or functional changes in the RV. Symptoms include ventricular dysrhythmias, presyncope, syncope, and palpitations.

Weakening of the RV

RV dilates and weakens. Symptoms of RV failure include edema of the legs or ankles, abdominal distension, dyspepsia, and anorexia.

Weakening of the LV

LV dilates and weakens. Symptoms of heart failure include dyspnea on exertion, orthopnea, and breathlessness.

Cleveland Clinic

Arrhythmogenic Right Ventricular Dysplasia (ARVD)

ARVD is a rare form of cardiomyopathy in which .....

http://my.clevelandclinic.org/heart/disorders/heartfailure/arvd.aspx

"I am worried. I have chest pains, dizziness and fatigue daily."

"I am just worried my doctor is not acting fast enough......"

Always be proactive in your health care and treatment. Sometimes this requires being assertive.

Best of luck down the road of life.

Take care,

CardioStar*

WebMD member (since 8/99)

-

-

WebMD/WebMD forums does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.

Featuring Experts

James Beckerman, MD, FACC, is a cardiologist at the Providence St. Vincent Heart Clinic in Portland, OR. He graduated summa cum laude from Harvard Col...More

Helpful Tips

Mediterranean DietGuest Expert
The Mediterranean diet has long been recognized as a booster of heart health. It is linked to lower risks of heart disease, stroke, ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 12 found this helpful

Expert Blog

The Heart Beat - James Beckerman, MD, FACC

Dr. James Beckerman shares how small, livable lifestyle changes can have a real impact on your risk of heart attack and stroke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health General and Consultative Heart Care Center