Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Pain associated w/heartbeat
kellarlln1 posted:
I experience occasional pain(sharp) with [each> heartbeat without other symptoms(no anxiety,sweating. nausea, etc) and goes away after several beats without intervention. Not associated with exercise, rest, activity,etc. I'm 43, female,slightly overweight, Diagnosed with Hyperparathyroidism(controlled), Hypertension(controlled), Hyperthyroidism and unconfirmed Marfan Syndrome(both sons, brother & sister have been diagnosed). Occassionally experience fluttering/palpatations. I take Hydrochlorthiazide, allergy meds, Vitamin D regularly.

CardiostarUSA1 responded:
Hi: b "Occasionally experience fluttering/palpitations." Noteworthy, as applicable, some individuals with palpitations (the most common type being premature ventricular contractions, PVCs) can experience pain with each beat [primarily during these early beats> as the heart is described to be thumping, or strong, hard, or forceful beats are felt in the chest. Additionally, of the different types/kinds of heart conditions, various symptoms may/can be acute (occurring suddenly), chronic (occurring over a long period of time), come and go (be transient, fleeting or episodic), or even be silent. ALWAYS be proactive in your health care and treatment. Most important, communicate/interact well with your doctors. Best of luck down the road of life. Take care, CardioStar☆ WebMD community member (8/99) - - b ☑Be well-informed WebMD b Heart Disease TYPES Men and Women i Acquired in life or congenital (born with it) www.webmd.com/heart-disease/heart-disease-men b Heart Disease SYMPTOMS www.webmd.com/heart-disease/guide/heart-disease-symptoms Mayo Clinic b Heart Disease Definition. Symptoms. Causes. Risk factors. Complications. Tests and diagnosis. Treatments and drugs. Prevention...... Heart disease is a broad term used to describe a range of diseases that affect your heart, and in some cases, your blood vessels. The various diseases that fall under the ☂ of heart disease include...... www.mayoclinic.com/health/heart-disease/DS01120 - Your Total Health - iVillage/NBC b Premature Ventricular Contractions (PVCs) [Patient education guide> yourtotalhealth.ivillage.com/premature-ventricular-contractions.html MedicineNet - We Bring Doctors' Knowledge to you b Palpitations (PACs/PVCs) www.medicinenet.com/Palpitations/article.htm eHealthMD b Palpitations www.ehealthmd.com/library/palpitations/PAL_whatis.html i LEARN ABOUT the heart's delicate and precise electrical conduction system Your-Doctor com b Animated Tutorial your-doctor.com/healthinfocenter/medical-conditions/cardiovascular/conductiontutorial.html Heart Rhythm Society b Patients & Public Information Center www.hrspatients.org - b HeartSite Heart info, cardiac tests (commonly performed, mainstream types, info, actual diagnostic images - - OptumHealth b Making the Most of Your Doctor Visits Ten tips for making your visit to the doctor more effective. www.myoptumhealth.com/portal/Health+Hubs/item/Making+the+Most+of+Your+Doctor+Visits HealingWell b You and Your Doctor: It Takes Two to Tango Your medical care is a TWO WAY street...... www.healingwell.com/library/health/article.asp?author=salvucci&id=5 i Quote Be a questioning patient. Talk to your doctor and ask questions. Studies show that patients who ask the most questions, and are most assertive, get the best results. Be vigilant and speak up!" - Charles Inlander, People's Medical Society . It's your future....be there. :-) . . b ☛WebMD/WebMD message boards does not provide medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.

Featuring Experts

James Beckerman, MD, FACC, is a cardiologist at the Providence St. Vincent Heart Clinic in Portland, OR. He graduated summa cum laude from Harvard Col...More

Helpful Tips

Nix Grapefruit & Statin DrugsExpert
Grapefruit & statin drugs can be a bad combination. Unlike other citrus fruits, grapefruit contains substances that disable certain ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 15 found this helpful

Expert Blog

The Heart Beat - James Beckerman, MD, FACC

Dr. James Beckerman shares how small, livable lifestyle changes can have a real impact on your risk of heart attack and stroke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health General and Consultative Heart Care Center