Skip to content
Spots on heart
MakeMeBetter posted:
This is the THIRD TIME I've posted this question since yesterday and I don't see it on the messages. My wife had a cardiac cath done last week(which will have to be repeated Tuesday) and a CT scan done Wednesday that showed a spot on her heart. What do I need to know?

James_Beckerman_MD responded:
Thanks for your post. I'm happy to help you understand the test result, but I need more information. If you'd like to get a copy of the report and transcribe the results section, I can try to explain it in more detail. Thanks!

Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
Dear MakeMeBetter, The reason Dr. Beckerman didn't see your post is because you didn't originally post it on his board. Instead, you posted it on the Heart Disease Support Group Board here: boards.webmd.com/webx?THDX@@.89e25ec5!thdchild=.89e25ec5 If you would give Dr. Beckerman the additional information he requested, hopefully he can help you out. Yours in health, Byroney

MakeMeBetter responded:
Since it is concerning my wife, that's about all I know. We haven't seen a cardiothoracic surgeon yet

MakeMeBetter responded:
I have the print. It reads... Frontal and lateral views of the chest are compared with a portable exam from 7 June 2008. Heart size is again noted to be mildly enlarged but unchanged. Pulmonary vasculature appears normal. No effusions are present. No focal air space consolidations are seen. IMPRESSION-Mild cardiomegaly. No acute disease identified

James_Beckerman_MD responded:
The report seems to say that there is 'no acute disease identified.' good news!

Featuring Experts

James Beckerman, MD, FACC, is a cardiologist at the Providence St. Vincent Heart Clinic in Portland, OR. He graduated summa cum laude from Harvard Col...More

Helpful Tips

Mediterranean DietGuest Expert
The Mediterranean diet has long been recognized as a booster of heart health. It is linked to lower risks of heart disease, stroke, ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 12 found this helpful

Expert Blog

The Heart Beat - James Beckerman, MD, FACC

Dr. James Beckerman shares how small, livable lifestyle changes can have a real impact on your risk of heart attack and stroke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health General and Consultative Heart Care Center