Skip to content
KFC's New Sandwich
xring posted:
I just had to laugh when I saw KFC's new sandwich. It consists of bacon, cheese, & FIVE layers of fried chicken skin.

YUMMY!!
Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see.
- John Lennon -
FirstPrevious12NextLast

rubystar2 responded:
I'm hoping this is just a joke, Xring. I'm still having nightmares about the KFC Double Down 'sandwich'.

I just googled it. You are NOT kidding. UNBELIEVABLE.
Honor Student: School of Hard Knocks

twinb63 responded:
So THAT'S what happens to all the skin after the skinless chicken breasts are packaged. Waste not, want not. I'm still trying to figure out what happens to the necks & giblets when the 'whole' roasting chickens are packaged.

xring replied to twinb63's response:
Same thing that happens after a bullfight.

Ever order spagetti & meatballs in a restaurant?

Ya know those meatballs...........?
Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see. - John Lennon -

dtms1 responded:
Evidently it isn't on their web site yet. I have to admit that I like the skin on baked chicken if it is well done. Don't eat it though but I can dream.

Dolores

rubystar2 replied to dtms1's response:
I looked it up by 'googling' it. This sandwich isn't on the website yet because it is only being test marketed right now in some limited areas. If it becomes an 'official' sandwich at KFC, then I'm sure it will be on the menu.

geoffreylevens replied to rubystar2's response:
Hate to say it but w/ good quality cheese this would probably taste terrific! I always loved fried chicken/turkey skin. Used to make it up special for myself in my carnivore days. And bacon.... oh boy! Favorite meat...

rubystar2 replied to geoffreylevens's response:
Oh, let me stand corrected. It sounds delicious to me. I love crispy chicken and turkey skins, too. It's just that, really, I would be hoping the trend would be towards healthier foods in the restaurant world. But I know they are going to make what sells and I am betting this isn't going to be a very big seller because I think people are trying to eat healthier, in general. At least the crowd I hang around with.

EngineerGuy replied to rubystar2's response:
Hi folks,

Xring - The sandwich - YUMMERS !! :-)

Hey, all my friends. I stay late at work (like past 10PM often). I'm pooped. Also, I bonked my toe back on Aug 7th, and haven't run since. In another week, I'll start running again. The whole foot swelled up a little bit. I was limping pretty well for almost a week. Just sprained, and it's getting better now. So, I haven't been logging on very much, for these last few weeks, contrary to what I'd like to do. I've missed all you folks. Glad to be here, and chatting with all of you.

Best regards, EngineerGuy

xring replied to EngineerGuy's response:
Welcome back, ER!

I've sprained both ankles twice. I found it amazing how painful a sprain was - and how quickly it heals.

EngineerGuy replied to xring's response:
Hi Xring,

Re: I've sprained both ankles twice. I found it amazing how painful a sprain was - and how quickly it heals.

Glad you've all mended up.

I've had a rotator cuff injury 3 times in my life. The first 2 times took a year to heal. The 3rd time took 2 years, finishing about 2 years ago.

For rotator cuff, ice, advil, and mild exercise is the key. The right kind of exercises. I had to finally give in and take advil for 4 months, for the shoulder to heal, this last time.

Best regards, EngineerGuy

xring replied to EngineerGuy's response:
I worked for a home health agency for several years. That's when I learned what a rotator cuff injury was. Our home care nurses took care of several professional baseball pitchers who constantly had surgery for torn rotator cuffs. It seemed to be a very common injury.
Which team did you play for?

I'm sure there must be other ways to get that type of injury.

twinb63 replied to xring's response:
(Which team did you play for? )

I heard he was the starting pitcher for the Salt Lake City Skinnys. Another unverified rumor is EG injured his rotators by loading up and eating big forkfuls of beans. Don't know how true that one is.

Yep, a torn cuff is a common injury; I've had several involving torn tendons in that area.

ironman97176 replied to rubystar2's response:
Ruby maybe you should Google a little more.

"If ANYONE really doubted that you could simply post something claiming to be a review and get some credible follows, here is the latest: the KFC Skinwich!"

This is a hoax!

Look at the test markets, Have you ever heard of these town?

Look closely at them:

* Ekaf, Maine — Colbert Blvd.
* Tihsllub, Oklahoma — Corner of 3rd & Twain.
* Eritas, California — Dense St.

backwards they are:

FAKE
BULLS**T
SATIRE

CORNER OF 3RD AND TWAIN?
DENSE street?

Source:

http://www.geardiary.com/2010/08/17/everybody-wants-a-meme-brainresidue-reviews-the-kfc-skinwich/

Original story link:

http://www.brainresidue.com/taste-test-kfcs-new-skinwich/

I see nothing wrong with pulling someone's leg, but using it to sell your agenda and not letting people know it is SATIRE is wrong.

Don't get me wrong I am not accusing you of doing this. We can all make mistakes and get duped at times.

rubystar2 replied to ironman97176's response:
Ironman, I think you've mistaken who started this post. It wasn't me!! I was just as fooled as some others on this thread. I don't understand what warranted the above post to me.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have severe atherosclerosis with ectasiac (long, stretched out) sections, small aneurysms in primary cardiac arteries. I am blessed to also have ...More

Helpful Tips

Easy Fluoride Treatments for your teeth
Hi folks, Background info: ============ My dentist prescribed some prescription grade fluoride toothpaste. For about $8, I got the ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.