Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
meat eating
dtms1 posted:
I was just reading that Argentina has the highest rate of meat consumption in the world. I was trying to find the statistics for heart disease in Argentina and could not. The WHO lists about thirty countries from the highest to the lowest in terms of heart disease and Argentina is nowhere on the list. The worst countries for heart disease seem to be Finland and eastern European countries. Japan had the lowest rate and next lowest was France.

In one of Pritikin's books he lists countries with the highest rate of eat eating and these have higher rates of heart disease but that was an old book. d

Does anyone have any recent statistics? If they eat the most meat but do not have the highest rate of heart disease then someone better take a look at colin campbell's work again.

Dolores

xring responded:
I saw several such charts (animal foods consumption and various diseases - cancer, heart disease, etc) in "Diet For a New America" by John Robbins.
Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see. - John Lennon -

josvin84 responded:
"The highest total cardiovascular disease mortality rates for both males and females were in
the English-speaking Caribbean, North American and Southern Cone subregions
(Argentina, Chile and Uruguay). The lowest were in the Latin Caribbean and Central
America. Countries of the Andean subregion had intermediate levels." SOURCE: International Cardiovascular Disease Statistics

Spotlight: Member Stories

I had my first and second heart attack in April 2003. ELEVEN years have passed since the heart attack. ELEVEN years since diagnosis of acute heart dis...More

Helpful Tips

Killer Athlete's Foot Cure
If you have athlete's foot, gently wash the affected area. I usually got it between my toes. Use a hair dryer on warm, to dry the foot for ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 21 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.