Skip to content

dtms1 responded:
X when I clicked on this I got a message that said the sight is not approved by yahoo and I must click on it at my own risk. What kind of risk? Will strangers with nefarious purposes be knocking on my door or will something dreadful happen to my computer?

Dolores

xring replied to dtms1's response:
I've seen that message many times with some links. I don't know what it really means but I've clicked on it many times with no problems. Maybe it's just a "legally required warning."

You can access it directly from Yahoo by just typing in "john abramson interview" & click "Search"
Politicians should serve two terms. One in office and one in prison.

engineerguy responded:
Hi Xring,

Hey, that's an amazing interview with Dr. John Abramson, the author of Overdo$ed America. It's an update, since the book was published. Thanks for a great post.

http://www.townsendletter.com/June2008/nutmed0608.htm

I learned several new things that dropped my jaw.

The link above doesn't give the warnings...

Best regards, EngineerGuy

xring replied to engineerguy's response:
Howdy EG & thanks for the better link.

dtms1 replied to xring's response:
thanks x. I got it with eg's link and sent it off to my brother who is on statins but who switched to a fuhrman diet.

Dolores

dtms1 responded:
Did you guys notice in the very long interview that abramson said that during the war the British did not eat margerine, white flour etc. They just had whole grains and BUTTER. and the heart disease rate went down. For me that was an eye opener.

Dolores

xring replied to dtms1's response:
Yes, it might very well be that processed, adulterated or modified food has a more negative impact on our health than excess fat or cholesterol.

The CDE at my diabetes support group said "If not for processed foods, none of us would be here."

engineerguy replied to dtms1's response:
Hi Dolores,

Re: They just had whole grains and BUTTER. and the heart disease rate went down. For me that was an eye opener.

I think the total amount of food available in Britain during WWII, was much less. People lost weight, I'm sure. There were many pluses with the dietary changes during the war. That doesn't mean that butter is fine. Just ask DMW.

Best regards, EngineerGuy

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi folks, I've lived in beautiful Salt Lake City for the last 6 years (as of 2010). I had a mild 30's crisis, and adopted the Pritikin Diet,...More

Helpful Tips

Killer Athlete's Foot Cure
If you have athlete's foot, gently wash the affected area. I usually got it between my toes. Use a hair dryer on warm, to dry the foot for ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 21 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.