Skip to content
A sad sign of the Times
Hanawaiman6358 posted:
An interesting article.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/07/us/07fat.html?_r=2&emc=eta1

EngineerGuy responded:
Hi Hanawaiman,

Great post. And we look to our government for healthful advice...

Best regards, EngineerGuy

dtms1 replied to EngineerGuy's response:
Who looks to the government for advice? I couldn't get the post because it was not in blue and I didn't feel like trying to type it in.

Dolores

EngineerGuy replied to dtms1's response:
Hi Dolores,

You can copy the link, and paste it into the address line.

OR, click on the BLUE LOL

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/07/us/07fat.html?_r=2&emc=eta1

Best regard, EngineerGuy

dtms1 replied to EngineerGuy's response:
Copy, paste? I am guessing you are not talking about a xerox machine and a bottle of Elmer's.

The article reminded me of a program the government had (possibly in the eighties, I can't remember) in which they periodically gave away butter and cheese to senior citizens-- for free of course. The cheese was in the form of those long rectangular things you see in the deli when the guy slices off the amount of cheese you want. The butter consisted of several big packages of I don't know how many pounds. They gave it away per person, not per family, so mom and dad each got their own butter and cheese. Can you think of anything worse to give anyone, much less the elderly?

My dad and mom who hardly used cheese and butter at all, stood in the long line to get their cheese and butter because by golly, the government had taken so much of their money in the form of taxes over so many years and used it to give to other people who didn't work for a living that now they were going to get some of their money back in the form of butter and cheese.. They were delighted to give it to my brother and me for our families. They finally got one over on the government. And we all innocently headed down the path of cardiac disease.

Dolores

Spotlight: Member Stories

55 year old male. Ex marathon runner and still an all around jock. I run, lift weights, yoga and box. I was a proud carnivore for 55 years. Few co...More

Helpful Tips

Killer Athlete's Foot Cure
If you have athlete's foot, gently wash the affected area. I usually got it between my toes. Use a hair dryer on warm, to dry the foot for ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 21 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.