Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Nuts!
AttyWSW posted:
Can anyone tell where to find unsalted/unroasted nuts? Do I have to go to a health food store? Nuts are expensive and I would imagine even more so at a health food store. Thanks.

xring responded:
If there is a Trader Joe's near you, they always have raw unsalted (and reduced salt) nuts of all kinds at decent prices compared to supermarkets.
Politicians should serve two terms. One in office and one in prison.

twinb63 responded:
Costco always has shelled nuts of various kinds. Starting in a couple of weeks they'll carry Diamond brand of unshelled walnuts, hazelnuts, almonds & pecans in 4 lb. bags. Unshelled ones last longer & taste better than the shelled IMO.

jc3737 replied to twinb63's response:
Whole foods has tons of unsalted nuts...also Wal Mart has some but they are limited.

EngineerGuy responded:
Hi AttyWSW,

There are also unsalted unroasted sunflower seeds, available at about $2.50 per pound, from Western Family (a generic brand).

Unhulled sesame seeds have the most calcium, per calorie, of any food known to science.

Best regards, EngineerGuy

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi folks, I've lived in beautiful Salt Lake City for the last 6 years (as of 2010). I had a mild 30's crisis, and adopted the Pritikin Diet,...More

Helpful Tips

Killer Athlete's Foot Cure
If you have athlete's foot, gently wash the affected area. I usually got it between my toes. Use a hair dryer on warm, to dry the foot for ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 21 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.