Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Juicers
AttyWSW posted:
Can anyone recommend a juicer that leaves all the pulp in? More of a grinder than juicer I guess. I'd like one powerful yet easy to clean. Thanks!

xring responded:
Most juicers have a fine screen-type filter to prevent pulp from getting in the juice. I guess most people don't like pulp. When I used to juice more often, I'd always mix some of the pulp back into the juice.

The only juicer I've ever used is the Champion. A friend who has been using the Jack LaLane brand for several years told me it's very good & less expensive.
Politicians should serve two terms. One in office and one in prison.

EngineerGuy responded:
Hi AttWSW,

Re: Can anyone recommend a juicer that leaves all the pulp in?

Wouldn't that be a blender? That's what I do, since cleanup is so much easier, and you keep all the nutrition.

Juicing is necessary for a few people who cannot digest the pulp, due to illness, injury, etc.

It is true, however, that juicing has a more pleasant flavor, for many things. For example, broccoli juice is quite pleasant, but blended broccoli has a much more earthy flavor. I add broccoli to my blended salads, but my wife wouldn't dream of it.

Best regards, EngineerGuy

AttyWSW replied to EngineerGuy's response:
E. G., Do you use a regular blender or a high powered one like a Vitamix?
I'm still eating those acorn squash. Have some plants coming up in the garden.

EngineerGuy replied to AttyWSW's response:
Hi AttyWSW,

Re: E. G., Do you use a regular blender or a high powered one like a Vitamix?

I used an ordinary blender for almost 2 years, and then I treated myself to a Vitamix. They both work, but the Vitamix is nicer.

Nifty chocolate mouse desert:

Bake sweet potato or yam (stab it, place on aluminum foil or cookie sheet, heat 350 degrees for 2 hours. Plenty of sweet gooey stuff oozes out of it. Then it's done. Add cinnamon, and it tastes like pumpkin pie. Wonderful. Add soy milk and blend or whip. Wonderful side dish.

To the sweet potato, add 4 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder, and blend. Optional blueberries (fresh or frozen). Wallah - chocolate mouse. Delicious. Put into an ice cream maker. Wallah - chocolate ice cream, that KIDS will ask for seconds for.

Yes, I'm enjoying the acorn squash also !! I've made it a reqular, adding it to my lentils and beans, for lunch.

Re: Have some plants coming up in the garden.

I'm jealous. Best of luck. :-) I live in a condo. I like the lawn work (and lack of it) and snow shoveling (I can watch it all day). But I don't have a garden.

Best regards, EngineerGuy

Spotlight: Member Stories

I had my first and second heart attack in April 2003. ELEVEN years have passed since the heart attack. ELEVEN years since diagnosis of acute heart dis...More

Helpful Tips

2 Salads a Day
Hi folks, Probably the most important tip there is: Eat 2 large salads a day. A salad has lots of greens and vegetables. Romaine ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 26 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.