Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Sugar addicts - (like me)
EngineerGuy posted:
Hi folks,

Here's a blog by Dr. Klapper, contributor to the Fuhrman website. Pretty powerful stuff. Makes me think I won't binge (as badly) tonight, at a party my wife and I will attend.

http://www.diseaseproof.com/archives/inspiration-slaying-the-sugary-beast.html

My wife and I sometimes make dates, to break the diet. If I'm tempted some other time, I say to myself, wait to break the diet with my better half.

Best regards, EngineerGuy

DoloresTeresa responded:
At my granddaughter's second birthday party yesterday I passed up the icecream cake layered with icecream sanwiches, fudge, chocolate candy sprinkles, chocolate cake and whipped cream. Easy. But I dug into the chips and doritos. I have to admit the ugly truth about myself. I'm a salt slut. Completely lost when salt and fat are in the same room together. The devil made me do it.

Dolores (entering another couple of weeks of austerity and withdrawal.)

DoloresTeresa responded:
How come every time I want to reply I have to log in. It took me a couple of days to figure out how to use a phony e mail address. a new screen name, and a fake birthday before I could re register because I forgot how I registered before. When I tried to re register using some of the same information as the last time I registered web md rejected me. It is annoying to have to log in every time.

Dolores

ufatbasted replied to DoloresTeresa's response:
I pigged out yesterday too. Lots of peanuts watching a movie with my wife. At least they were un-salted

EngineerGuy replied to DoloresTeresa's response:
Hi Dolores,

Hi UFat,

LOL ROFL :-)

At least you chose well.

I still can't break the diet in moderation. Pretty pathetic.

Best regards, EngineerGuy

Spotlight: Member Stories

55 year old male. Ex marathon runner and still an all around jock. I run, lift weights, yoga and box. I was a proud carnivore for 55 years. Few co...More

Helpful Tips

Killer Athlete's Foot Cure
If you have athlete's foot, gently wash the affected area. I usually got it between my toes. Use a hair dryer on warm, to dry the foot for ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 21 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.