Skip to content
The inmates are running the asylum
DoloresTeresa posted:
My daughter is a nurse at the county hospital in phoenix. She sent me the advertisement for the bake sale they will have on Feb 8 to benefit the heart association. The ad says make a purchase and help fight heart disease and stroke, the first and third leading killers in this country. There is a picture of a table with all kinds of processed baked goods and they are also selling cheese nachos and cheese burritos. By-pass anyone?

Dolores

xring responded:
I've seen that type of fund raising before.

It's called "Trying to appear like part of the solution while actually being part of the problem."

You may recall several months ago, I posted about a similar fund raiser by the "American Cancer Society." In a parking lot at Walgreen's, they were giving away free hot dogs to anyone who purchased a $1.00 raffle ticket. I wrote to the American Cancer Society, reminding them that on their own website, they recommend preventing cancer by avoiding processed meats & they specifically list hot dogs as ones to avoid.

They wrote back to me, apologizing & saying they will "keep a closer eye on how they raise funds in the future."

Teehee...
Politicians should serve two terms. One in office and one in prison.

twinb63 replied to xring's response:
They'll keep a closer eye on it? Which eye, I wonder. Probably not the one looking at the fundraising numbers going up.

engineerguy replied to twinb63's response:
Hi Dolores, Xring, Twin,

Great to hear from you all. Yes, it would be hilarious about giving away hot dogs at the cancer fund raiser, if it weren't sad.

Thanks for your wonderful insights.

Best regards, EngineerGuy

josvin84 replied to engineerguy's response:
Hi Dolores,

"She sent me the advertisement for the bake sale they will have on Feb 8 to benefit the heart association."

As the advert says bake sale will benefit the heart association - and it does not say it will benefit normal people.

Josvin

Spotlight: Member Stories

55 year old male. Ex marathon runner and still an all around jock. I run, lift weights, yoga and box. I was a proud carnivore for 55 years. Few co...More

Helpful Tips

Killer Athlete's Foot Cure
If you have athlete's foot, gently wash the affected area. I usually got it between my toes. Use a hair dryer on warm, to dry the foot for ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 21 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.