Skip to content
I could never do that !
EngineerGuy posted:
Hi folks,

A friend of mine was concerned about his worsening macular degeneration. I recommended to him to read "Eat Right Electrolyte" by Dr. Rex Hawkins, and of course, "Eat To Live" by Dr. Fuhrman. The first book shows photos of retinas of patients with macular degeneration, who had terrible drusen from macular degeneration, who recovered 20/20 vision after careful diet, for 2 years. Also, it has photos of retinas of persons with advanced neovascular stage diabetic retinopathy, who made dramatic improvement after 2 years. Again, many of these people even regain 20/20 vision.

My friend has now read both books, and has started making changes in his lifestyle, but admits to still making compromises. He did observe that it's hard to make a dramatic lifestyle change. And indeed it is hard. It was the hardest thing I ever did, in fact, for the first couple weeks. But I would point out, for my friend's consideration, that it's also hard to do nothing, and watch what happens.

How much health do we want to sacrifice, for the momentary pleasure of eating rich foods? My choice, for myself, is that I don't want to sacrifice any health, for the momentary pleasure of eating rich foods.

Here is a fascinating link for "I could never do that!"

www.diseaseproof.com

Best regards, EngineerGuy

xring responded:
I suspect some of the people who say "I could never do that" actually mean, "I could never do that unless I absolutely had to."
Politicians should serve two terms. One in office and one in prison.

Hanawaiman6358 responded:
What is the gist of Eat Right Electrolyte? Is more inline with Eat to Live or Esselstyn's low fat program. I've read both books and basically follow Esselstyn. I, like Esselstyn, have had success with 10%fat. A brief summary would save me some $$, although I am sure there is much valuable information that I would otherwise miss.

Hanawaiman6358 replied to Hanawaiman6358's response:
Is more inline with Eat to Live or Esselstyn's low fat program.

Opps. that should read: Is it more inline with Eat to Live or Esselstyn's low fat program? Sorry for the poor editing.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I had my first and second heart attack in April 2003. ELEVEN years have passed since the heart attack. ELEVEN years since diagnosis of acute heart dis...More

Helpful Tips

Killer Athlete's Foot Cure
If you have athlete's foot, gently wash the affected area. I usually got it between my toes. Use a hair dryer on warm, to dry the foot for ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 21 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.