Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
HEART HEALTH
DoloresTeresa posted:
I thought you would be interested in a billboard I saw today extolling the virtues of one of our local hospitals. The sign said that this hospital :

Has the highest heart attack survival rate in the state.

I wish it would have said: We have the highest rate of reversing heart disease in the state. Reminded me of esselstyn showing pictures of the fast food concessions in the hospital cafeteria in his hospital where they do a good job of doing heart interventions.

Dolores

xring responded:
Ain't that something?

About a year ago, I posted about a billboard:
A guy (obviously morbidly obese) is stuffing a huge piece of cake into his mouth & there's cake all over his face.

Below the photo, it says, "Dieting Sucks," then there is a phone number to call for the "Lap Band" surgery.
Politicians should serve two terms. One in office and one in prison.

DoloresTeresa replied to xring's response:
One would get the impression from the lap band billboard that you can continue to stuff cake into your mouth after the lap band surgery. I do not know about all those who had bariatric surgery but of the three people I know personally who had the surgery, all three regained a lot of weight. I wonder what the percentage is of people who lost weight and kept it off after such surgery.

Dolores

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi folks, I've lived in beautiful Salt Lake City for the last 6 years (as of 2010). I had a mild 30's crisis, and adopted the Pritikin Diet,...More

Helpful Tips

Easy Fluoride Treatments for your teeth
Hi folks, Background info: ============ My dentist prescribed some prescription grade fluoride toothpaste. For about $8, I got the ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.