Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Reached EIGHT years
josvin84 posted:
I am delighted. Two weeks ago I saw my cardiologist and he was not (yet) impressed that I had come this far without surgery and medicines. He said he would consider my progress when twenty years have passed.

I am sure I will make it. Only just hope he does too.

Josvin

DoloresTeresa responded:
Did your cardiologist happen to mention the progress of those who rely on meds,stents and by passes? Did he mention the necessity for repeat stents and by passes? Did he mention loss of cognitive ability in by pass patients often leading to dementia (as in my mom's case)? Did he mention the huge cost of drugs and the possible effects on health and cognitive ability because of interactions of large numbers of drugs?

Dolores

josvin84 replied to DoloresTeresa's response:
Oh no Dolores. My cardio would never say things like that to frighten his patient. He is a real sweet, gentle, soft spoken man. A man you can trust to operate you with your best interest in mind. He did say that sometimes things get more complicated then expected but not to worry.

Of course the questions you ask are answered in a pamphlet that gets handed to a patient. But that is pure for light reading and not meant to be taken seriously.

Trust the experts to do their best!!!

Josvin

xring responded:
He's a "Gloom & Doom" doctor with a huge ego......convinced that only HE can save you - not something as simple as lifestyle/diet. He is a product of his training & continuing medical education - funded by companies that manufacture medical devices & pharmaceuticals.
Politicians should serve two terms. One in office and one in prison.

josvin84 replied to xring's response:
"Gloom & Doom", I like that. First Knock OUT the patient then offer to save him with latest drugs and technology and surgery.

Josvin

DoloresTeresa replied to josvin84's response:
Another favorite ad of mine has older actor Wilfred Brimley holding a box and saying, "Everything I need for my diabetes is in this box." The box contains a meter, test strips and his prescription meds.

Dolores

twinb63 responded:
Congratulations on your 8 years.

xring replied to josvin84's response:
Believe it or not, there is also a category of medical professionals who choose medical careers because they actually enjoy witnessing human suffering and sometimes causing it. Sorta like those few firemen who set fires.

I had the unfortunate experience of meeting one such dentist. During my root canal, he repeatedly ignored my indications that I needed more anesthetic & it became obvious that he was trying to cause more pain. One thing he did NOT ignore was when I slowly got up & said to him, "I will survive this procedure, but I don't think YOU will." He left & quickly summoned another dentist to comple the root canal. The other dentist said, "He does have a problem."

xring replied to xring's response:
Here is an example of the "Hero" complex:
http://search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0oGdWD1Sp9N0W0AgetXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTE1Z2tuaDA3BHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDNgRjb2xvA3NrMQR2dGlkA0FDQlkwNl8xNDc-/SIG=121clqsj9/EXP=1302306645/**http%3a//www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-83828228.html

Former Glendale fire Capt. John Orr was convicted Friday of four counts of first-degree murder with special circumstances in a hardware store fire that killed a woman, her grandson and two employees, and 20 counts of arson for a series of fires that destroyed dozens of homes.
It took a Los Angeles Superior Court jury two weeks to reach the verdicts against Orr, who was already serving a 30-year prison term for setting a string of fires similar to those he described in an unsold manuscript called ``Points of Origin.''
Orr, 49, sat rigidly between his two attorneys as the 24 verdicts were read.

engineerguy replied to xring's response:
Hi Josvin,

Congratulations on your 8 years. You're a champ.

Your doctor didn't mention that all studies show that bypass and stents do not extend lifespan or prevent heart attacks. Our program does.

Best regards, EngineerGuy

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi folks, I've lived in beautiful Salt Lake City for the last 6 years (as of 2010). I had a mild 30's crisis, and adopted the Pritikin Diet,...More

Helpful Tips

Killer Athlete's Foot Cure
If you have athlete's foot, gently wash the affected area. I usually got it between my toes. Use a hair dryer on warm, to dry the foot for ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 21 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.