Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Plavix and Migraine
kgal62 posted:
Has anyone had their migraine headaches return after cessation of Plavix? After three years of Plavix my cardiologist told me to quit. I tapered. Have been migraine free since Plavix medication was begun. Now they are popping up every couple of weeks when one month off the meds. I don't think this is the "rebound" they talk about as that seems to be a sudden stroke or heart attack.

It was wonderful to be pain and headache free for three years and difficult to give up. Aspirin doesn't seem to be helping this time where it did before the stent.

Curious to know if anyone else has had this happen and found a doctor who recognizes this side effect in migraine patients.

An_192682 responded:
Hi kgal62,

Great to hear from you. Thanks for posting in the Member Stories section.

I don't have any special insights about migraines. You could join the Fuhrman website, and read his headache newsletter (#29, Jan 2007). Fuhrman claims about 90% success rate with hundreds of migraine sufferers. Very interesting.

Best of luck !!

Best regards, EngineerGuy

Spotlight: Member Stories

55 year old male. Ex marathon runner and still an all around jock. I run, lift weights, yoga and box. I was a proud carnivore for 55 years. Few co...More

Helpful Tips

Killer Athlete's Foot Cure
If you have athlete's foot, gently wash the affected area. I usually got it between my toes. Use a hair dryer on warm, to dry the foot for ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 21 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.