Skip to content
One more reason....

DoloresTeresa responded:
Thank heavens there is no need to worry. The American Meat Institute said consumers can feel confident that their meat is safe.

Dolores

An_192683 responded:
Hi AttyWSW,

Thanks for the excellent post.

Re: The new study found more than half the samples contained Staphylococcus aureus, a bacteria that can make people sick. Worse, half of those contaminated samples had a form of staph that's resistant to at least three kinds of antibiotics.

It's amazing that we have not had more horrible problems with super bugs, coming from factory farms. Many BILLIONS of animals annually are raised, fed with antibiotics daily. How could we better breed bacteria antibiotic resistant?

The April Scientific American issue has the article "Our Big Pig Problem". It explains that it is not necessary for factory farms to feed antibiotics to the animals as part of the feed. Denmark made it illegal, and now the farms changed procedures a bit, and are MORE profitable without the antibiotics.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=our-big-pig-problem

Best regards, EngineerGuy

Spotlight: Member Stories

I had my first and second heart attack in April 2003. ELEVEN years have passed since the heart attack. ELEVEN years since diagnosis of acute heart dis...More

Helpful Tips

Killer Athlete's Foot Cure
If you have athlete's foot, gently wash the affected area. I usually got it between my toes. Use a hair dryer on warm, to dry the foot for ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 21 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.