Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Meals for Health - Plant Based wins !
engineerguy posted:
Hi folks,

Here's a great 5 minute clip from Meals for Health, plant based diet for people on public assistance. A great testimonial.

http://www.earthsave.org/ollie.htm

Best regards, EngineerGuy

xring responded:
Yaaaaa, sure has been working for me so far.

First time in my 58 years I haven't gained back any lost weight in almost three years since plant-based diet.

It's interesting that they're mentioning the cost issue now. When I shop & walk by the meat/fish section of the market & look at the prices, I'm grateful I don't eat much of it. Beans & produce are WAY cheaper.

Leaves more money left over..........for GAS.
Politicians should serve two terms. One in office and one in prison.

DoloresTeresa responded:
EG, you see at the top of the page that it was a starch based diet. I surely would like to know what they are giving the people to eat.

Dolores

engineerguy replied to DoloresTeresa's response:
Hi Dolores,

I believe Dr. McDougall is big in the program. I didn't see it on the McDougall website, but I recall it was there. Excellent program.

engineerguy replied to engineerguy's response:
Hi folks,

Here's another installment

http://www.vegsource.com/news/2011/05/food-bank-participants-grateful-for-meals-for-health-program-video.html

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi folks, I've lived in beautiful Salt Lake City for the last 6 years (as of 2010). I had a mild 30's crisis, and adopted the Pritikin Diet,...More

Helpful Tips

Killer Athlete's Foot Cure
If you have athlete's foot, gently wash the affected area. I usually got it between my toes. Use a hair dryer on warm, to dry the foot for ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 21 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.