Skip to content
Gardening
AttyWSW posted:
For the first time ever I have a small garden. It has been a learning experience and very rewarding. I highly recommend it especially for people trying to eat more fresh vegetables.

I want to tell you how easy kale and collards are to grow. And both grow so fast! Had fresh kale in a green shake this morning. Love cooked collards but I like them southern style with a little meat and probably too much salt. Everything is taking off with the warm/hot weather. 93 here in Florida yesterday

AttyWSW

EngineerGuy responded:
Hi AttyWSW,

A garden ... nifty !!

I grew Kale, but they became encrusted with little green eggs(?). Any idea what they were? I'm in Utah.

Best regards, EngineerGuy

josvin84 replied to EngineerGuy's response:
Dont worry. It is a little extra natural protein and omega 3.

Josvin

AttyWSW replied to EngineerGuy's response:
E.G., I haven't had any eggs on mine. The leaves grow so fast. Every 2-4 days I pick the biggest and use them in salads or green shake. I'm going to try some kale chips for my son.

EngineerGuy replied to AttyWSW's response:
Hi Josvin,

Hi AttyWSW,

Thanks for your replies.

I don't worry about the extra protein, but my wife would never let me in the house again. :-)

Best regards, EngineerGuy

Spotlight: Member Stories

55 year old male. Ex marathon runner and still an all around jock. I run, lift weights, yoga and box. I was a proud carnivore for 55 years. Few co...More

Helpful Tips

Killer Athlete's Foot Cure
If you have athlete's foot, gently wash the affected area. I usually got it between my toes. Use a hair dryer on warm, to dry the foot for ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 21 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.