Skip to content
A valuable tool to achieve incredible health
engineerguy posted:
Hi folks,

All of our dietary efforts do not replace the need for, say, lots of sleep, or stress reduction, or exercise. There is another very valuable medical modality, or tool, in the toolbox to defeat heart disease, diabetes, hypertension, autoimmune disease and reduce cancer risk. That is to have a very high nutrient (per calorie) diet. And to be very lean. (They go together.)

Fat on the body, especially belly fat, both outside the abdominal wall and inside the abdominal wall, in among the organs, participates in our hormone systems, increasing our heart disease, diabetes, cancer risks, etc.

My blood has type B lipid profile. There is type A, A/B and B. B is the worst. Type B lipid profile has the characteristic of having high LDL, most if it small dense LDL (the worst kind of LDL), and low HDL. But, most of the HDL is small dense HDL, which is the only bad kind of HDL. The more expensive VAP cholesterol test tells us what lipid profile we have. So, I am especially sensitive to belly fat, which affects us type B folks more than most.

The reason I bring all this up, is the contention that H = N / C . Health = Nutrition (phytochemicals, antioxidants, vitamins, minerals) per calorie. The contention is that H = N / C is a valuable modality. (I just watched a detective show, which is why I'm talking this way.)

With the benefit of H = N / C, we can more easily lose weight, since the high nutrition helps satisfy the appetite. Heart disease is improved, due to many reasons, including weight loss, and better nutrition of the endothelium. Diabetes is improved, due to many reasons, including weight loss, and better nutrition of the entire body. Cancer risk ditto. Many more diseases ditto.

So, if the extra nutrients provided by high nutrient, low calorie veggies and fruit and beans, really do not matter, then this is all in error. I contend that it is quite valid.

Best regards, EngineerGuy

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have severe atherosclerosis with ectasiac (long, stretched out) sections, small aneurysms in primary cardiac arteries. I am blessed to also have ...More

Helpful Tips

Easy Fluoride Treatments for your teeth
Hi folks, Background info: ============ My dentist prescribed some prescription grade fluoride toothpaste. For about $8, I got the ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.