Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Pizza
DoloresTeresa posted:
I have been looking on line for a cornbread pizza recipe that does not contain flour, just cornmeal. I could not find one so if anyone has one please copy it on the group.

However, in a store that sells ethnic food, I found something called arepa amarilla which means yellow cornmeal bread. The ingredients are cornmeal, water and salt (about 50 mg per round) Each round piece of this bread is 80 calories and I don't think it is whole cornmeal because it doesn't say so on the label. I am going to try to make a vegie pizza with one of these and bake it in my toaster oven. I am doing this because my brother is coming to visit soon and although he is on Fuhrman most of the time, he likes to snack in the evening while watching tv. Usually when he comes we have oatmeal for breakfast, soups and salads the rest of the meals.

For snacks, I thought of air popped popcorn with a little hot sauce and nutritional yeast on it, sugar snap peas, vegies with a hummus dip and I bought tortillas with nothing but corn processed with lime which I thought I would cut into quarters, toast in the oven till crisp and used to dip into homemade salsa. Maybe some fruit.

Any other suggestions?
Dolores

twinb63 responded:
I've seen cornbread pizza recipes (search for that term on yahoo) and most of them use cornbread mix to make. Haven't really tried any though.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 33 years old and live in Chicago. I'm a Biology undergrad at Loyola and hope to go on to medical school or an MS/RD program. I follow a v...More

Helpful Tips

2 Salads a Day
Hi folks, Probably the most important tip there is: Eat 2 large salads a day. A salad has lots of greens and vegetables. Romaine ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 26 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.